Chapter 9

~~SUCH a short chapter, but do not fret, I've already started the writing for Chapter 10(;~~

I called it, did I not?

"K-kill, m-me?" I was staring up at Frank in utter shock and terror, only managing to fuel his joy which was on great display with his twisted grin and happy eyes.

"You see," Frank was walking back over to me and stopped in front of me, "Gerard and I have had a...system...for quite some time, now. We seize our prey and get them to trust us, which for some reason always works right away, and then we take them back here and they end up putting all their trust in us, never expecting a thing, because they fall in love with us," Frank narrowed his eyes and me before turning around to face Gerard, "but, this time, Gerard has done something wrong. Gerard has messed up our whole system! We have one rule, ONE rule only, how hard is it to follow one rule? The rule: don't fall in love with the victim."

Gerard's in love with me?

I looked up at Gerard, my thoughts flooded with shock, which was by now probably written all over my face. He just looked down, his face full of sorrows. Frank caught this and grinned. Frank was now walking over to me.

"You know, I honestly don't know what's so special about you. You're just like all of the other humans, and how he has fallen for a human? Beyond my knowledge." Frank sat down in front of me, then slowly leaned in, sniffing my neck, taking in my scent. He pulled back and smiled.

"It's gonna be a real treat killing you."