Chapter 12

Frank steps closer to me, filling the space between us, and leans down in my ear.

"Did you REALLY think I wouldn't catch you? It didn't take long to overpower Gerard and escape." He laughs and pulls my face closer to him by holding up my chin, so that his lips are grazing my ear as he whispers the next part, "he'll probably be coming for me now, so let's make this quick."

"N-no!" I scream and break away from his grasp, running the opposite direction.

I turn around and see Frank standing there with a shocked expression on his face, probably thinking I was too scared to do anything and didn't expect that to happen. Heh, yeah, that's right, bitch.

After about 2 seconds he realizes what's going on, and his head snaps up. He gives me the deadliest of death stares and charges after me.

Well, my happiness didn't last long.

I'm now running faster than I've ever ran in my life, hell, faster than I've ever SEEN anyone run in my life. But, I know that I probably won't make it, with him being a vamprie and all. I turn around to see if I even have a chance at making it, and see that I'm surprisingly a good 10 feet away from him. Isn't he supossed to be fast? He's running at a speed that's matching mine. Am I really that fast!?

"Aren't you supossed to be fast?" I scream back at him, chuckling. Wow, I'm probably the only person who ENCOURAGES their killer..

"I haven't had blood in forever!" he snarls back.

Oh shit. I shouldn't have said anything.

He laughs at my silence, "Which is only going to make killing you that much more important!"

I can't outrun this psycho forever, I'm gonna have to find somewhere to hide. It's really dark out now (I wonder how long I've been running, but then again, once it starts to get dark here, it gets REALLY dark not that much later away), so you can barely see 5 feet in front of you, and I might be able to jump into the woods and not have him see me.

I decide that I'm gonna go through with this plan, the worst that can happen is him killing me, and I don't even have that great of chances of staying alive right now.

I jump behind the next tree I see and hit the ground right away, hiding behind it. I'll have to wait until he passes to make any noise, or he'll surely catch me.

He runs a little past the tree, then stops. He must've noticed that I wasn't in front of him anymore. Fuck, why did I go through with this?

He's sniffing the air now only 3 feet in front of the tree I'm behind. SNIFFING the air. Well, if he's doing that then he can probably catch my scent just three feet behind him.

His head slowly turns toward the tree I'm behind and an evil smile spreads across his face.

"Oh, Alice." He's slowly walking towards the tree, "come out, come out, wherever you are!" He stops in front of the tree and starts circling the trees nearby, taunting me. He knows I'm behind this one, he just wants me to suffer even longer.

He just went to the front of a tree a few feet down, and I've decided I'm just gonna risk it all, I'm already going to die, why not make it harder for him?

I'm gonna run for it.

Right when he disappears from sight, I jump up and make a break for the trees behind me. It probably wasn't a good idea to do it once he's OUT of sight, because right when I jump up and turn around, I hit him in the chest, falling back down.

He kneels down in front of me, his smile reappearing, "Found you."