Chapter 13

~~WELL, as sad as it is to say, this is the last chapter of TWABTSBTHATP (jeez, that's long). BUUUUUTT, I've already written chapter 1 of the SEQUEL! (the name of the sequel until further notice: I Will Remember You.) & AND & AND & I WILL UPLOAD THE FIRST CHAPTER RIGHT AFTER I UPLOAD THIS! But, back to the reason for this little note. I had an awesome time writing this & how you enjoyed/enjoy it as much as I did! AND, this chapter is dedicated to saveyourself, because she was the first to comment on this story & has stayed with it the whole time. (*cough cough* she also has an awesome story called As Our Destiny Awaits [woah, brackets inside parenthesis!? but yeah, her story has a kick-ass name] and one of the characters in it is based off me! which is why you should all read it... cough cough*) thank you!  & also, thank you to all of the others who have been reading this story & commenting, all of you reassure me & encourage me to keep updating & it's the only thing keeping this story going because I'm not always sure if I'm doing it right, it's my first fan-fic/story I've shown people. So all of you mean a lot to me and I want to thank you SOOO much! And with that, here is Chapter 13, also the last chapter of "Things Will Always Be The Same, Between The Hunter And The Prey".~~

He grabs my arms and is pulling me up, but I'm wiggling as much as I can to break his grasp.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it, STOP IT!" I scream at his face, still fighting his arms.

He just laughs.

"Alice, why are you fighting this? Maybe you will live." I don't trust his words, that twinkle in his eye shows he's lying, and that he's enjoying every second of it.

"Yeah, okay, SURE. You won't keep me alive, you said so yourself! But WHY are you going to kill me, anyway!? Can't you just turn me into a vampire?" right after I said that, I realized something. Would becoming an immortal creature of the night REALLY be better than dying? But, if that meant being with Gerard again..

No, Alice, Gerard is probably dead.

Wait, earlier Frank said he'd have to make this quick because Gerard would probably looking for us now, so Gerard is alive!

Frank's spoke and all my thoughts of happiness were rined, realizing the situation I was currently in.

"You really don't know that much about us, do you?" Frank was staring into my eyes, searching for some sort of answer.

"Well, I've..I've read some books...and stuff?" I choke out. I stare into his eyes for a good minute until he breaks out into laughter.

"Really? And what did those books say, hmm?" Frank has an amused look on his face and I'm guessing everything I knew about vampires is wrong.

"Well, let's see..you can't go into daylight? Gerard said it hurts.." I wince at the thought of Gerard, "and you're faster than humans, and if you get a wooden steak in your heart your dead.." I drift off, memories of the wooden cross on the side of the road floating into my mind. If only I can lead Frank back there, I can kill him.

"Correct. Go on." Frank says aggitated, snapping me back to reality.

"Well...uhh...Gerard said you don't need a lot of sleep, and if you bite someone they turn into a vampire unless you suck out all their blood, then they die.." Frank smiled again.

"That's where you're wrong. When we bite someone, and suck all of their blood or not, they will undergo the transformation to become a vampire, BUT, only the fit ones survive it, every other vampire that's tinier are most likely the ones that are born vampires," his eyes twinkle and he smiles again, "which is how I know you'll die."

"Well, you don't know for sure...right?" I'm trying to find a spark of hope, just a spark, but his smile just grows as he leans in and whispers in my ear.

"Enough talking, I need to finish this." He pulls away and terror surges through me, reflecting onto my face as he laughs. 

"Silly little Alice, you thought you and Gerard could have a cute little human-vampire romance like in all those books," he lifts my head up and my neck is fully exposed, "you should've known that it wasn't going to end like that, in real life, there aren't any happy endings, humans and vampires can't love each other!"

He's right, I should've known. How could a vampire possibly fall for something it EATS and actually think there would be a chance at a relationship. There no doubt would have been a time where he would be going to long without blood and snap. There's no way we can ever be together...as long as I'm alive, that is.

I felt an intense pain in my neck and as I slowly faded to black, I felt Frank pick me up and throw me over his shoulders, get up, and start walking towards the entrance of the woods. The last thing I heard was him whisper in my ear.

"Things will always be the same between the hunter and the prey."