Chapter 7

~THIS CHAPTER IS AWESOMELY DEDICATED TO saveyourself FOR BEING AWESOME & HAVING AWESOME STORIES & BEING THE FIRST COMMENTER ON THIS STORY!~

Back to Alice's POV:

I'm at the edge of the kitchen and he's standing in front of the table with an intense look on his face. It looks like he's shocked but afraid at the same time...afraid?

"Ger...Gerard?" I choke out his name and his head snaps up, instantly. His eyes grow wide and it looks as if I've brought upon more terror.

"Alice..I, I need to explai-" Gerard's cut off by three loud bangs on the front door.

"Oh, GERARD! I'm BACK!" A males voice is booming on the other side of the door, and Gerard's running to my side. He squeezes my arm, pulling me while uttering incoherent words to himself.

"You need to hide, don't make any sounds." He whispers in my ear while dragging me to a door I never noticed in the back of the kitchen.

"Wh-what's going on? Where are you taking m-" Gerard cuts me off, "Just, trust me." I look up and see that we're stopped in front of the door, and Gerard's holding me by both of my arms only a few inches away from him. I think for a while before responding.

"Ok. I trust you." He just nods and removes his grip from me, opening the door.

I duck my head in and see nothing. It's pitch black, all around. I turn and look back at Gerard who just nods again, closing the door behind me, and I'm pretty sure I heard a lock.

I turn back around and start feeling my way through the darkness. It smells like something, somebody's rotting down here. I put my hand out and quickly retrieve it as it lands on something hard and cold. I slowly move it back and feel around, guessing that it's cement. As I work my hands along the walls on both sides of me, I gather up the courage to start walking forward, and realizing there's stairs, start to make my way down them. I'm finally at the bottom, when I hear the voice again.

"So, did you find any?" It floats down the stairs, echoing through the walls of the cellar.

"Uh...not, no, not really.." I immediately recognize the second voice to be Gerard.

"Not...really?" the man questions.

"Well, no...I had found a girl but she, she got away.." Gerard hesitantly responded.

What on Earth is he talking about?

"She got away...? How could she have possibly gotten away? Gerard...are you hiding something?" the man sounded as though he knew something that was going  unsaid.

Gerard didn't respond.

"Gerard." the man now sounded annoyed and his voice was harsher, "Gerard tell me now."

"I'm just...confused, too. I don't understand how I let this happen.." Gerard sounded as though he was talking more to himself than the other person in the room.

"Alright then..." the man responded, "well, then, since both of us have failed, I'm going down to the cellar to fetch some-" the man was cut off by Gerard's voice, now surprisingly louder.

"No! No, you can't, I mean..I, uhh, I'll get it, Frank." Gerard blurted out, nervously.

So, his name's Frank.

"Why can't I just go down there?" Frank asked. Following was a thick silence.

"Gerard, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME?" Frank yelled, making millions of invisible glass jars shake around and hit each other furiously around me.

Suddenly, I heard the cellar door being ripped open, and I imemdiately cowered in the corner furthest away from the opening, behind a shelf of glass containers filled with all sorts of different liquids and...body parts? Oh God, i'm going to puke..

I made a small gagging noise, and I quickly covered my mouth. It was too quiet, though, too quiet for any human to hear...but not a vampire.

I turned my attention away from the jars towards the short man, who I assume is Frank, who is now at the base of the cellar stairs to see that his eyes are locked with mine.

"Gerard," Frank yelled, without taking his eyes from mine, "I've already told you that it's not safe to keep secrets from me."