Chapter 11

I'm finally stopping. I'm at the edge of the woods and there's an open road, so I should be safe. 

I walk out onto the road and see that there's nothign else around, just this road, and more trees. On the other side of the road stretching all the way down is more trees, and there's not a single car in sight. Fuck.

I have two options; one: stay here and wait for a car, but risk the chance of getting caught by Frank, or two: keep running.

Well, I decided on the second option, but I was going to sit and catch my breath, first.

I walked back to the side of the road and sat next to a wooden cross sticking out of the ground with flowers around it. I know that I shouldn't touch it because it means someone died here, but I'm thinking that this is a safe spot if Frank comes out to attack me because I can use it to kill him.

I'm only sitting for about 10 minutes when I hear rustling behind me. Being the paranoid freak I am (hey, I'm in the middle of nowhere with a vampire after me, cut me some slack), I jump up and turn around, staring into the woods.

I don't see anything except trees and darkness, but I start getting an uneasy feeling of being watched. The more I stare at the blackness beyond the trees, the more the feelings thrives.

I try and shake it off, and decide now would be a great time to go. I turn around and am starting to walk along the road, quickening my pace a little, when I hear leaves crunching from behind me.

A normal person would run faster, a normal person would not look back because of their fear. Well, I'm not normal.

I stop running and turn around and look.

There's a figure walking towards me, but they're walking really slowly. Maybe it's another person in the woods? Don't be stupid, Alice, no one's crazy enough to go into the woods at night time. But it can't be Frank, wouldn't he be running to me? OH MY, maybe it's Gerard!

"Gerard? Is that you?" I scream towards the figure and it lifts it's head.

"Alice? Alice! Wait right there!" it shouts back to me as it starts running towards me.

Oh my God, I can't believe it's Gerard! Maybe he defeated Frank and now we can stay together!

All of my hopes are shattered when the figure steps under the moonlight about three feet away from me, and I see that it is NOT Gerard.

"Hello, Alice." Frank whispers with a grin on his face.