chapter eighteen

DANIELLE SHARPENED THE ZIPPER ON HER JACKET AGAINST THE WOODEN TRAIN, MAKING IT STIFF ENOUGH TO STAB SOMEONE.

"Before you got out from the prison, did you see Tyreese?" Sasha asked to no one in particular, and Danielle looked at her, remembering that she saw him run out with the girls.

"I saw him." Sasha's attention was on her now, her eyes filled with hope. "He got away with Lizzie and Mika." She smiled, giving her a nod of encouragement.

Danielle looked to Rick, who seemed focused on his weapon. He glanced at her for a second and then looked back to the chain, sharpening it faster as he heard Daryl say that there's guys coming their way.

"Go for their eyes first, then their throats." Rick ordered, the group nodding in understanding.

The group was confused when there was sudden footsteps coming from the roof. No one had time to understand what was going on once the train car opened from the top, dropping in a can to the floor.

Danielle grabbed Carl and jumped to the corner, the can went off, spraying smoke all around the train car.

The woman didn't have time to even scream once she was grabbed by the arms and thrown to the ground, her head hitting the hard concrete.

-

Danielle woke up to the sound of a saw buzzing and to being held my strong hands. Again. She didn't thrash around as she was placed on the ground onto her knees, forced to stare at her reflection in the large metal sink.

She looked down the line of people and her eyes widened when she saw Rick, Daryl, and Glenn in the same position she was in. And if this means what she thinks it means... Then she'll die last and watch everyone she loved die first.

The men with aprons on made their way over to the blonde guy at the end. Danielle gasped once he was quickly hit on the head with the metal bat and his throat was sliced open. She closed her eyes and looked away, not wanting to throw up at the moment.

She watched helplessly as the blood slowly made it's way down to where she was, almost foreshadowing her death. As they were about to slice Glenn's throat however, they suddenly stopped and Danielle let out a sigh of relief, her eyes closing and her body slumping in exhaustion.

The men exchanged a few more words before the leader of this place, Danielle was guessing, walked up to Rick, pulling his gag off from his mouth, squinting his eyes at him. "We saw you go into the woods with a bag, and come out without it." He clicked his tongue. "I had to get this pretty one back before we could go look for it." He gestured to Danielle, who glared at him the whole time. "What was in it?"

Rick didn't answer as he just looked at him with killer eyes, making the man question him more. "You hid it, right? In case things went bad. But you didn't really have to since she was there to lookout. But that also didn't work out since we knocked her out before she could even turn around."

Danielle knew that he was trying to get Rick angry so he could have a reason to kill him early, but she knew that he knew better than to attack him when his groups life was on the line.

The man suddenly pulled his knife out and grabbed Danielle, holding it up to her eye. "I suggest you tell me what was in it or your girl won't have an eye anymore."

Danielle didn't even flinch as he held the knife closer, she just stood there, frozen. "You really gonna make me do this?" The leader asked him, even though he already knew the answer.

"Well, let me take you out there." Rick was so sure that he would kill the man that was holding a knife to his 'girls' eye. "I'll show you."

The man clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Not gonna happen. But this might." As he held the knife closer to her eye, Rick immediately started to talk.

"There's guns in it. AK-47. .44 Magnum. Automatic weapons. Nightscope. There's a compound bow and... a machete with a red-red handle. That's what I'm gonna use to kill you." Rick narrowed his eyes at the man, keeping his promise.

The man laughed, not believing him for a second that he could kill him, since he had his hands tied up and everything. He put his knife back and put Rick's gag back on his mouth, patting his shoulders. "Thanks."

The leader gave his men orders and that's when Danielle heard the gunshots, and then felt the rumble of the whole building.

-

"Hey! Wake up!" She heard the voice of Rick. She opened her eyes and saw him leaning over her, his eyes filled with concern.

"I'm okay, I'm good." Danielle told him as Glenn helped her off the ground and untied the zip ties on her wrist.

Rick led them to a small gate. Opening it, they saw bodies, or what once were bodies, hanging on the roof. "Cross any of these people, you kill them." Danielle nodded in response, not even disagreeing with him.

Danielle grabbed a machete from the table and smirked, happy that she finally got her signature weapon back.

"We got to let those people out." Glenn said, pointing to the train car that sounded like voices yelling to let them out. "That's still who we are. It's gotta be."

Danielle didn't even flinch once blood got on her face from killing the walkers in her way. Once Glenn opened the train car, a men pushed Danielle to the ground, yelling how they were the same.

"Back off." Rick told him, pushing him away. The man was caught by a walker, and then the group of four ran towards the train car that their people were at, finally getting out from here.