chapter thirty

AARON AND DARYL LOOKED ABOVE THEM AS THEY HEARD A LOUD THUD FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. Daryl walked inside quickly and saw Eric struggling to walk upstairs as he heard the noise. "What was that?"

Eric pointed upstairs with a worried look as Daryl and Aaron ran up there quickly, Daryl being the first one to see Danielle on the floor, not moving. "Shit."

He ran up towards her shaking her slightly to see if she would wake up. "She's not waking up." Daryl grunted, putting his ear up to her chest, hearing her heart beat slow and distant.

"We need to get her to the infirmary." Aaron stated and Daryl picked her up as if she was nothing and quickly led her to the infirmary.

"Where is it?!" Daryl yelled at Aaron, him leading him to see what was wrong with Danielle.

-

Danielle was rushed into the small room and immediately, a blonde girl stood up quickly as she saw a girl who looked almost dead in a man's arms.

"What's-what's wrong with her?" The woman, Denise, was scared. She had never had a serious case like this and she was scared that she wouldn't know what to do. Denise was only trained by Pete and hardly knew what he did about being a doctor.

"She jus' fainted." Daryl told the woman who looked a little nervous.

"Okay, set her on the table." Daryl did as he was told and stood back, letting her work on Danielle.

"I'll go get Pete." Aaron stated quickly before he rushed out, going inside the party in a panic. Once he approached the house, he threw the door open, finding Pete in the large crowd with Jessie and Rick, them chatting softly.

"Hey, Aaron!" Pete expressed, seeing Aaron looking a bit pale then he usually does.

"It's Danielle... she fainted and she's hardly breathing. Denise is with her now in the infirmary." He panted and Pete nodded rushing to the infirmary to treat this patient.

Rick's head was spinning, he didn't know what to think. His vision started to get blurry as he imagined his life without her. She was fine an hour ago. Rick thought to himself, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion and worry. "Rick." Aaron spoke, getting his attention.

"Where's Will and Nathan?"

"Their uh..." Rick could hardly speak, his mind going everywhere.

Jessie pointed to where they were, across the room, laughing as Will told stories about his childhood. Aaron stalked towards them and pulled them inside, not wanting every one to hear.

"What is it, Aaron?" Will rolled his eyes, slurring a bit. Aaron took notice of this and chose not to tell him at this moment.

"I just wanted to talk to Nathan for a second." Will scoffed and pushed him back, Nathan glaring at his father in anger.

"What's up?" Nathan noticed that the man was pale and looked a little worried.

"It's your mom."

-

It seemed all in slow motion as Pete worked on Danielle to try to get her heart beating at a normal rate. After he did some tests, which took a couple of hours, he noticed that she had a concussion and her wrist was sprained a bit.

He got her heart beating a normal rate as she had breathing tubes in her nose as she sat on the bed lifeless, not being able to move as she was currently in a coma.

Denise decided to take over with treating her, telling Pete to go home with his family. Daryl and Aaron had left as well, promising to see her often. Nathan had been holding his mom's hand the whole time, not wanting her to die when he just met her.

The boy sighed as he sat next to her, tears spilling out from his eyes. How did this happen? He wondered if his father had done it, and that made him angry.

Rick walked in early in the morning the next day, his eyes droopy from not sleeping the whole night. He saw a boy with brown hair, holding Danielle's hand as he was sleeping uncomfortably in the plastic chair beside her. He had a good guess that this was her son, considering how much he looked like her.

Nathan awoke with a gasp, seeing a man who looked as tired as him. "Hey."

Rick nodded at the kid, him looking almost exactly like Danielle. "You must be Nathan."

"Yeah. Rick?" The boy asked, remembering his name from someone.

"Yeah." Rick ran his hand over his face in stress as he looked to her body lying there, pale and lifeless. He hated seeing her like this and he hated not being there when this happened.

"How do you guys meet?" Nathan asked, wanting to know everything about his mom that he could.

"Uh.." Rick trailed off, not expecting that question from him. "She was in the woods. Injured badly. I took her to my group, she became family. To me. To all of us."

Nathan hummed, chewing on his bottom lip. "I'll leave you with her for a bit." With that, the boy walked outside as Rick sat beside her, taking her cold hands in his.

"Hey..." He looked to the ground, not knowing what to say to her. "I'm so sorry." His voice trembled, tears starting to pool in his eyes. "I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should've been. You are so strong, so brave... one of the reasons why I love you-" Rick stopped himself once he realized what he said and the tears strolled down his face as he held in a sob, needing to step out for a second.

A/N
im trying to get through as much chapters as i can lol. i have so much drafts for this story!