Is it time?

Dianne's POV
It was 3am when I suddenly woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach. I gently shook Joe to wake him up.
"Joe!, Joe!, wake up!" I Said in whispering shouting voice.
"Mmm, what is it?" He asked half asleep
"I think the baby is coming" I Said, a mild pain running through my stomach, Joe shot up like a lighting bolt.
"What no it can't be, it's too soon" Said Joe, the panic clear on his face.
"Yeah well trying that to the baby" I said, taking some deep breaths, Joe rubbed my back.
"We need to get to the hospital" said Joe, I nodded and then we gathered up some stuff, I hadn't had the chance to pack a hospital bag yet so we quickly had to pack one.

At the hospital
"Please help,my girlfriend has gone into premature labor" Said Joe.
"How far along is she" asked a nurse
"7 months" said Joe
"Ok can someone get Dr Ridley for me please" Said the nurse and then another nurse went off to get another nurse, the pain had subsided, but I was guessing that this was just my break before the next contraction.
"Why don't you guys take a seat, while we wait for Dr Ridley" said the nurse, Joe and I sat down on a chair, Joe placed his arm around me and I snuggled into, the tears began streaming down my face.
"Hey, what's up"? Asked Joe, wiping away my tears.
"What if we loose her Joe, after all this time" I Said
"Hey, listen to me, we're not gonna loose her, if she's anything like you then she'll be strong, heck she's probably impatient like you and thought you know what I'm just gonna come now coz I can't wait any longer" said Joe with a hand on my stomach, I felt the baby kick, almost as if she kicked in approval.
"Hey Guys, shall we find out what's going with this baby of yours" Said Dr Ridley coming up to us. We followed her into the ultrasound room, I got up on the bed and laid down, just like I did at all of my other appointments, Joe sat in the chair next to the bed, just as if it was a normal appointment, Dr Ridley placed the ultrasound wand onto my belly, we heard the heart beat of our baby.
"Everything is fine" Said Dr Ridley, I gave a huge sigh of relief, so did Joe.
"And what about the contractions"? Asked Joe.
"They were probably Braxton Hicks" Said Dr Ridley
"Braxton Hicks?" Said Joe sounding confused.
"They're like practice contractions so that Dianne will have some what idea as to what the real ones will be like"
"How will I know the difference"? I asked
"Well if it's Braxton Hicks then they'll go away with a drink of water and some deep breaths, and well if it's for real, well then I'm afraid that the contractions won't stop until the baby is born" Said Dr Ridley
"Okay thank you for everything Dr Ridley" I Said and with that Joe and I made our way out of the hospital hand in hand relieved that our daughter was okay.

AN
Sorry I haven't updated in like forever!!!!! I've been kinda busy lately and I haven't been sure what to write, I'm not sure how many more chapters this book will have but I don't they'll be many xxx