Drop Off!

"I hate heights. I hate heights" I keep thinking to myself as I see the plane get higher and higher. I hate my stupid mother for making me take this move. It's so unfair. And moving in with a family that could possibly kidnap me and throw me in a closet... Thanks mom. I roll my eyes at my snide comment and look at my finger nails. The black paint is already chipping. "Have to repaint these when I get off this damn plane". I roll my eyes and check my phones time, 2pm... Right, London's five hours ahead of us... Forgot. I glance through my pictures and smile at all the selfies with me and my best friend Cara. Man I'm gonna miss her. "Shit", I mumble as I dab the corners of my eyes with my hoodie sleeve. I slouch back in my seat and close my eyes. Hoping to catch some sleep before my plane lands in the place I call home..aka hell!

*********************************

I wake up to the annoying flight attendant telling us that the plane will soon be landing and that we need to put our seat belts on. I roll my eyes, and click the seat belt. I glance out my window and notice the plane coming to a tilt. Going down. Taking a nose dive. To the ground. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Kat, stop! your over thinking things. just relax". I take deep breaths. Counting to ten each time. I open my eyes and look out the window again. We were finally on the ground. the pilot comes on the intercoms allowing us to get up and exit the flight. I grab my duffle bag, and messanger bag, and start following everyone else off the plane.

It's raining here. Great! I forgot my mom ranting to me about how England has the best weather.. or was it pie... either or, I put my hood up on my hoodie, pull down the sleeves, pull my bags closer to me and head inside the airport.

The airport was calming inside. Not like most. Most airports I've ever encountered were very crowded and full of air headed people talking about the latest gossip. This one was different. There were a lot of people but no one talked of gossip. A lot of people were dressed in either track suits or business suits. I kinda stood out. I mean my skinny jeans, band tee, hoodie, converse, and beanie didn't really fit into this lifestyle over here. I glance around at all the people around me.. man they were really tall. I bite my lip, stiffing a giggle, and look up to see a tall man in a grey suit holding up a sign with my name on it. Confused, I walked over to him and grinned. "Hi, I'm Katherine Karns". The guy glanced down at me, then turned on his heel and started walking to the exit. I quickly followed. pulling my hood over my head, I followed the man to the back of the airport where a stretch limo waited. I stopped immediately, looking slightly confused "ummm, maybe there's another Katherine... this ride is to nice....ummm".. the man cut in glowering down at me "your staying with Anne Styles, correct?", I looked up at him and slightly nod. he nods back and opens the door for me. I stand there for a moment before climbing in.

The car ride was long, and quiet. me and the driver didn't speak at all. he pulled up to a red light and stopped, glancing up at me in the mirror. "So, are you excited to be moving to London?", I bit my lip, looking out the window, pretending to be interested in the scenery. the car started again and he glanced at me again. "I have a son about your age. Cheeky fellow. Kinda full of himself...and...", he stops short. probably guessing that I'm not paying him any attention. I glance up at him, then look back to my hands. I started knotting my fingers together, a nervous habit of mine, then looked out the window again.

After what seemed like the longest car ride of my life, we pull up outside of a house...mansion? Yeah, this is definitely a mansion. I climbed out of the car. The only words escaping my mouth were "oh wow". I stared up at the house in an awe. The driver walked around and got my things out of the trunk, setting them down beside me. I looked at him for the first time in the face and smiled. He smiled down at me "enjoy your stay. I'm sure we will see each other again", and with that he left me alone. he got in the car and drove off, leaving me feeling more alone than I've ever felt.

I glanced back at the house. Unsure if I should go in or take a cab back and just go live under a bridge like a damn troll, I pick up my bags and walk up to the gate. Slightly pushing the gate open, I take in how the house looks. Big. White. Roses. Yeah that sums it up. I smirk at my comment and walk up the steps. I set down my bag and adjust my hoodie. With a shaky hand, I ring the doorbell and wait....

I go to pick up my bags, and turn on my heel. as soon as I got to the last step, I hear the door open. I turn and look, and smile at the lady looking down at me. "Well, you coming in or what?" I smile and walk back up the steps, clearing my throat and following the woman back inside.