Meeting!

I followed the lady into the house... mansion, looking around at everything. This place was huge! If I didn't know any better, I would say this house belonged to some famous person. "I'll take your bags to your room. Yours is upstairs, and it's the first room on your left". I mumbled a quiet thank you and watched the lady scurry off with my stuff.

Reminding myself that I need to check my stuff later, I start walking the large halls. there were pictures on every wall. Mainly of the scenery. A lot of them I didn't recognize. I also seen a lot of pictures of a beautiful woman and a small girl. Then more of her and a small boy. I stopped and looked at the pictures. The woman was beautiful. long brown hair and hazel eyes. she had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Then my eyes drifted to the little boy in her lap. He was no more than four years old. he has her hazel eyes and brown curly hair. He had a really cute face. He also had one dimple on his left cheek. It was odd because most people had dimples on both cheeks but he had only one. I slightly giggled at the thought.

Apparently I was to focused on the photo to notice the lady standing in the doorway to the kitchen. She cleared her throat, causing me to jump. I glanced up at her stepping away from the photo, and knotting my fingers unsure of what to say. She smiled, a beautiful smile, giving me the thought that she was the lady from the photograph. She was just as pretty as before only this woman had dark circles under her eyes and a few gray hairs. She was still looking at me, smiling. I didn't know how long we had been standing here before she spoke "hi, I'm Anne. You must be Katherine", "Kat" I corrected her. She just smiled "Well Kat, supper will be done in about an hour. make yourself at home" then she hurried back into the kitchen.

I let out a breath I was holding and went onto exploring some more. I kept thinking of my mother and how much I resented her. Taking me away from my friends. Making me move to this god awful country. The only plus with me moving here was that I got away from her and my ex boyfriend Sean. I rolled my eyes and dabbed the corner of my eyes with my hoodie sleeve. I glanced over to a door and opened it.

I stepped into the most gorgeous library I had ever seen. Stacks upon stacks of books lined the walls from top to bottom. there was a huge fireplace in the back wall. There was an overly stuffed armchair infront of the fireplace. I quietly closed the door behind me and walked to the nearest row of books. "Weathering Heights, Twilight, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Of Mice and Men", all books I've read before. I came to the conclusion that this would be the room I spent most of my days in.

I walked out of the library, quietly closing the door behind me and made my way to "my room". I made it up to my room and walked in. I quietly closed the door behind me, making sure to lock it, and turned around and gasped in amazement. This room was massive! not as massive as the library but damn near close to it. My bedroom here was about the size of my whole damn apartment in New York. My bed here was about a king size. I had a solid oak desk with an iMac ontop. I had an armor that had all my clothes already hanging up. I had a bookshelf in the corner. The walls were a sea green with a white trim. The sheets on the bed were white and lilac. I sat at the foot of the bed and let my legs hang off. I desided to shoot Cara a text telling her that I made it and that I was safe and not dead in a closet somewhere. I even added that I thought about running for the hills, followed by an "lol". I pressed sent and laid back on the bed . I didn't seem to realize till it was to late, but my eyes became super heavy and hard to keep open. Before I could protest, my eyelids fell shut and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

**********************************

I wake up to my phone vibrating. Groaning, I look at the caller i.d. and see "mom" flashing. I groan again, and hit ignore. Sitting up in bed, I take my shoes off just in time to have my phone vibrate again notifying me of a voicemail. I ignore it and head downstairs.

I reach the kitchen and glance at the clock it reads 7:20pm. I slide into the bar stool and watch...what's her face... wash dishes. She doesn't notice I've entered. She's humming a tune that I don't reconize. I quietly clear my throat, looking at her. She glances up at me and smiles "I was wondering when you were going to wake up. There's left overs in the fridge. Want me to heat you up some?" she asks. I just smile and nod. She grins, wipes her hands off, goes and starts making me a plate.

I place my hands on the bar, pulling my sleeves half way down my hands. I glance up at her and realize she's staring at me. I grin and twirl my lip ring, also another nervous habit. She smiles "so I take it your settled in?", I smile and nod slowly unsure of what to say. She slightly nods "good". the microwave beeps, breaking our gaze. she opens the microwave, grabs the plate, and hands it to me "thirsty?" she asks. I nod again, picking up my fork. She opens the fridge, gets out a pitcher of what looks like tea, pours me a glass, hands it to me and just looks at me. I grin, and take a sip of the tea. it's glorious! I glance at the food, take a steady breath, then take a bite... It's heavenly! I haven't had a home cooked meal in a long time. She finally turns and puts the pitcher away while I scarf down most of my plate. I glance up at her, open my mouth to say something and then the door flies open.

We both quickly look to the door as five boys walk theough. Me and... Anne! Yeah! That's her name! Me and Anne both stare at the boys as they walk in, stopping suddenly when they see me. First to walk in was a blonde guy, pale kinda cute. The second was an Indian looking guy with an eyebrow piercing. Third was a buff looking guy with a buzz cut. So far he was the cutest one. Fourth was a lanky looking fellow with shaggy brown hair and a thin figure. And last but not least was the curly haired boy from the photograph. The one with the cute dimple on his cheek, and the one who caught my gaze and the one that spoke first.