Chapter two: Prank War In Progress

Fred's POV
It was the last week of summer vacation for everyone going back to Hogwarts. I'd promised Cassie to spend as much of this week as I could with her. Her head was in my lap, and she was twirling her wand with her fingers.

"Do you think this school year will be better?" She asked quietly.

I thought about it for a moment. The Umbitch wouldn't be there, so that was good. At the same time though, the new teacher could be even worse. I shrugged, "Umbridge won't be there."

Cassie sighed, "I wish I was done with school. I wish I could just work with you and George in the joke shop."

I was about to ask what happened to her fussing over her grades when Fleur walked in, already in wedding planning mode with Cas.

"Bill was zinking only two bridesmaids, but I zink eet would be a shame if you weren't part of eet," Fleur said in her thick French accent.

Cassie sat up, smiling lightly. "Are you asking me to be your bridesmaid?"

"Yes."

"I'd be happy to Fleur," Cassie said with a grin.

The two girls were talking so rapidly that I lost track of what they were talking about. The only thing I understood was something about pink looking awful with Cassie and Ginny's hair.

"Bonjour Fred," George said in a mock French accent as he came up behind me. "Looks like you're a bit lost."

"Fleur just stole my girlfriend," I said, a little annoyed.

"Weeelll, it is the last week of summer. What better time to begin a prank war?" George asked.

A huge smirk crept across my face.

*******

"FREDERICK WEASLEY!!" I heard Cassie scream at the top of her lungs.

Mum looked up at George and I suspiciously, "what did you two do to her?"

Her question was answered as she and Ginny stormed into the room. Their clothes were two sizes too small. Cassie's long sleeved sweater was nearly halfway up her wrists, and her pants were far too short. Ginny looked the same, and both she and Cassie were glaring at us angrily.

"All of our clothes? All of them?" Ginny said angrily.

"Of course. We couldn't settle for anything less, now could we?" George said with a smirk.

"You two are going to regret this," Cassie said as she turned around and stormed upstairs. Her red hair flipped behind her, distracting me from what I was supposed to be thinking of.

"Oi, Fred, stop staring at your girlfriend like a lovesick puppy," George said, waving his hand in front of my face.

Snapping out of my daze, I began to smirk, "the prank war is on."

"If you four destroy this house.." mum began to threaten.

"We won't mum!" George and I said in unison.

There was no telling what this next week would bring. All I knew was that I needed to spend as much time with Cas before she headed off to Hogwarts. Only Merlin knew the next time I'd be seeing her.

****

Cassiopeia's POV
"We have to get them back!" Ginny said angrily.

The discovery of Fred and George's prank had made her furious. Especially when she found out it had included her quidditch robes. I was slightly more annoyed that the twins had used my idea against me. Well, it wasn't entirely my idea.

"Oh, we will," I said. I was already plotting our revenge. This prank had been amusing until I had to spend hours with Mrs. Weasley while she put our clothes back to normal.

"We could turn all their clothes neon yellow," Ginny suggested thoughtfully.

"With gross green stripes," I said with a grin.

That night, we gathered some color change bombs, and slipped into the room the twins were in. Ginny and I both had evil grins on our faces.

The twins both only had small bags with them, since they lived in their flat over WWW now. Quietly Ginny and I placed the bombs into the twins bags, and resisted the laughs threatening to spill out of us. We hurried out of the room and back to ours.

As soon as we closed the doors, we burst into quiet laughter.

"You know, Fred and George really need to come up with a better name for those coloring changing bombs," Ginny laughed.

"They're working on it," I managed to say.

The next morning, Fred and George's grumbles were heard before they walked into the kitchen. Ginny and I looked at each other, trying to contain our laughter. The twins clothes had hideous neon yellow and vomit green stripes on them.

"What in Merlin's bloody name..." Fred began.

"Fred," Mrs. Weasley said with a raised eyebrow, warning him about his language.

"Sorry mum," he said. "What did you two do to our clothes?"

"We thought we would help you with your senses of style," Ginny said as Harry and Ron walked into the kitchen. They gave Fred and George the once over and burst into laughter.

"Help? They look hideous!" George exclaimed.

"Oh," I said pretending to be disappointed, "well, I think it's a huge improvement from what you two usually wear."

Harry and Ron snickered, earning a glare from the twins.

I laughed, and the twins rolled their eyes at me. "What, it's funny," I said.

Fred rolled his eyes and walked over to me. "Fine, I admit it was a good prank. We've got to be getting to the shop."

Fred gave me a quick kiss before he and George apparated to the shop.

"Those two are really something. And that insult was amazing Cas," Harry said with a grin.

I smirked, "I know."

A/N: I am, once again, so sorry for the amount of time since I last updated. I'm hoping to do better while I'm finishing this story. Thank you all so much for reading and for all of the support. I hope you're all enjoying this book so far. XOXO