Chapter Thirteen: The Funeral

I stared in horror at the scene playing out in front of me. We had successfully made it back to Hogwarts, only to have Dumbledore petrify us as someone had run up the stairs. My hand was firmly gripped on Harry's unmoving arm.

There were four other death eaters besides Draco Malfoy standing there- one of them was Fenrir Greyback. If I could move I would've thrown up at the sight of him. He was disgusting, and had a taste for eating humans even without being in wolf form.

All Harry and I could do was watch as they threatened to kill Dumbledore. Although Dumbledore had a point... if Draco was going to kill him, why hadn't he?

Dumbledore was beginning to weaken and there were shouts coming from below. Before I could comprehend what was happening, Snape had arrived. He's got to help... He has to do something. The thoughts sounded silly, I knew he couldn't be trusted.

"Severus.... please..." Dumbledore said weakly.

My heart stopped... Dumbledore was.. begging?

"Avada Kedavra!"

Everything went numb inside me the moment Snape uttered the words. The gasp I uttered never left my lips. Dumbledore fell from the astronomy tower, and the death eaters all fled. Snape and Draco were going to get away.

No no no it's not real.

Moments later Harry began to move, and I realized I could too. He tossed the invisibility cloak to the side, and wasted no time petrifying the big blonde death eater.

"Harry! You can't go after them!" I begged. I knew he wouldn't listen, and there was no way he was going by himself.

"They'll get away!" Harry demanded.

My brother began sprinting after them and I followed. We flew down the stairs, and right into the middle of a war with the death eaters. I saw people on the ground, but there was no way to tell who they were. There wasn't time to look.

Ginny was battling Amycus, and Harry quickly immobilized him. It wasn't long after that that Harry took off again. As I tried to follow him, a death eater aimed a jinx right at my head, barely missed. I turned around to see a death eater with dark hair and a manic look on her face. I barely had time to shout "Protego" as she launched another curse.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I shouted and missed.

"Crucio!" The death eater screamed.

I ducked and stumbled, hitting my head hard on the corner of the staircase. My vision blurred for a moment, but I could still see the death eater advancing.

"Protego..." I muttered weakly. The shield was weak, but it was strong enough to deflect the curse.

"Impedimenta!" I thought aiming my wand at the death eater as fast as I could. She fell backwards, her face turning into an expression of pain.

Ginny was by my side in seconds, "Are you alright?"

"Maybe.. I'm not sure," I said as I reached up and touched the gash on my head.

"That looks pretty deep..." Ginny said uncertainly.

"Cassie... Merlin that's a deep cut. Let's get you to the hospital wing."

I turned around quickly at the sound of my God Fathers voice. "Remus!" I exclaimed, relief flowing through my veins. He was okay.

Remus bent down next to me, grabbing my arm to help me up. He took me up to the hospital wing, along with Neville. Ginny had gone to find Harry.

There were already several people in the hospital wing, gathered around Bill. I shivered at the sight of him, he had gashes on his face all because of Greyback.