Chapter Four: Classes

Cassiopeia's POV
"What in Merlin's bloody name were you thinking, Harry," I shouted at my brother.

I'd waited until we got back to the common room and most people were gone to yell at him.

"Just listen to what I heard-" Harry began.

"You could've been left on the train or.. or..." I trailed off unable to think of anything else.

Harry sighed, "Adri, I didn't get left on the train. Tonks found me, and she fixed my nose. But you have to hear what I heard Draco say," Harry said.

I paused, smiling for a second at my birth name. He was right, everything was fine. And he wasn't gonna let whatever Draco had said go. Sighing, I decided to go along with it. "Okay okay fine, what did you hear?"

"I heard him telling Parkinson that Voldemort gave him a job," Harry rambled.

"Are you sure he wasn't just showing off?" I questioned uncertainly.

"I don't know, bit of a big lie isn't it?"

"Yeah.. his parents are loyal to Voldemort," I muttered. "I don't know though Harry, what could Draco do, he's sixteen?"

Harry and I fell into a thoughtful silence. I didn't know what to think. Draco was definitely the type to boast, but there was a chance he wasn't. The Malfoys were almost as supportive of Voldemort as the Lestrange Family. And they'd tried to make me a death eater a year earlier, when I'd barely turned fifteen. I flinched at the memory and pushed it to the back of my mind.

It was getting late, and I didn't want to think about this anymore. Saying goodbye to my twin I went up to the dorms. Hermione and the other girls had already fallen asleep.

There was no letter from Fred as I'd hoped; but it had only been several hours since I'd seen him. The worst part was that I already missed him liked crazy. This year wouldn't be the same without the Fred and George.

I didn't realize how tired I'd been, it took me less time than usual to fall asleep.

"Cas! Cas get up!" Hermione's voice woke me up.

"Do I have to?" I asked sleepily.

"Yes, we have to go find out what classes we have," Hermione said firmly.

Right.

My O.W.L's had all been good. I didn't sign up to take Herbology; I'd always hated that class. I was glad to finally be able to drop it.

Reluctantly, I climbed out of bed and put on my Gryffindor robes. Ten minutes later Hermione and I went down to breakfast.

Mcgonagall began to walk down the table, informing us off what classes we could take and handing out schedules.

Hermione was immediately cleared to take all of her classes. Harry and Ron were all cleared to take the exact same classes as each other. Finally, it was my turn.

"Charms is fine, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology, Ancient Runes, Potions, and Arithmancy, all fine," Mcgonagall said. "But I see you haven't signed up to continue with Herbology. I thought you wanted to work in the Department of Mysteries?"

"I uh... I did. I've changed my mind," I told her.

Mcgonagall looked at me for a moment until I thought I saw a hint of understanding in her eyes, "Very well." She tapped her wand on a paper and handed it to me.

"Thank you, Professor."

I quickly followed in Hermiones path to make it to the same first period Ancient Runes class. As soon as I arrived I took the seat next to Hermione. We began comparing schedules and found we had several classes together.

Before I knew it the class was over, and we already had a fifteen inch paper. Hermione and I hurried to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

The room was drab. There was very little light and the room was much gloomier than it would normally have been. You could never tell Snape teaches this class now, I thought sarcastically.

Today we were learning nonverbal spells. Ron and Harry quickly partnered up, and I grabbed Hermione quickly. At first I thought this would be easy. I was very wrong.

Around ten minutes later, Hermione had practically mastered it. I glared at the tip of my wand as I failed, once again, to jinx her. I bit down on my lip to keep myself from muttering the incantation.

"Just foc..." Hermione trailed off. I followed her eyes to where Snape was harassing Harry.

"Yes, sir." Snape corrected.

"There's no need to call me 'sir', Professor," Harry said, immediately looking taken aback at his words.

I bit down on my cheek to keep myself from bursting into laughter. Way to go, Harry, I thought proudly. I couldn't help but grin at him. That was brilliant.

After a free period, we all had potions together. I was really hoping it would be a lot better this year. Soon the dungeon door opened and Slughorn appeared.

The dungeon was already filled with smells. For a moment I thought I smelled gunpowder and my thoughts flashed back to Fred. Trying to push the aching feeling of not seeing him everyday away, I followed my friends to a table. The scent only grew stronger the closer we got to a gold cauldron.

Gunpowder, wood, and mint.

It smelled exactly like Fred. Soon enough, it clicked. I looked at the steam rising in spirals. I was sitting next to Amortentia, a very powerful love potion. It was taking over my senses, I found myself lost in space daydreaming about Fred.

I frowned as I received a nudge from Hermione, informing me the lesson had begun. Ignoring the pain in my chest from Fred's absence, I did what I could to listen. We were instructed to make Felix Felicis. Whoever made the best potion would get to take some with them.

I found myself incredibly annoyed when everything was going right for Harry, and everything was going wrong for me. I'd never been horrible at this class, but nothing I did seemed to get the potion where it needed to be. It remained a very dark shade of purple all class.

"How are you doing that?" I questioned Harry irritably.

Harry just shrugged, "luck I guess."

I glared at him, but he didn't notice.

Slughorn began to walk around examining our potions. He gave my Felix Felicis an impressed nod, and moved on. Harry was obviously going to be the winner.

I was finishing my Ancient Runes homework when Ginny quietly came into our room and flopped onto my bed. Everyone else was asleep at this point.

"You okay?" I questioned.

"I don't like the idea of Harry using that book," Ginny said.

I thought for a second, "Neither do I. Nobody could find anything wrong with it though. And you know Harry won't believe it until we can prove it."

Ginny groaned, "I didn't think anything was wrong with that diary either."

"I know."

We fell into silence. I didn't love Harry using that book, but nothing seemed to be wrong with it.

Ginny broke the silence, "Have you heard from Fred?"

I sighed, "Not yet, but we've been here a day. I'll have to write to him tomorrow."

A/N- Wow, I updated in a week instead of two months, it's a miracle. Thank you all for reading. XOXO