Chapter Eight: Promises

Cassiopeia's POV
"We can keep making this work, right?"

Fred looked surprised, and a little hurt by my question. I felt a twinge of pain at his expression, but I had to ask. I had to be sure he still wanted this, even if it was a little hard.

"Of course we can. We've been doing just fine. I can't imagine a world we- or at least I, didn't do everything I can to keep us together. Unless... do you not want to?" Fred rambled.

"No no no, I do. I love you more than anything. I just.. I just wanted to make sure you still want this," I said quickly.

"Cas. There's no other girl I want. I'm willing to do anything it takes to make this work," Fred said seriously.

I smiled. My boyfriend is amazing.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I sat in the Weasleys living room, listening to Remus fill Harry in on where he'd been for the past few months. I'd already known he'd been underground with the werewolves. It made me incredibly nervous. There were to many things that could go wrong with Fenrir Greyback.

It could easily go wrong at any moment. A werewolf could decide to attack him. Or they could find out what he was really there for. Too many bad possibilities.

After everyone left I got up and sat next to Remus.

"Is everything... going... alright, you know, in the underground?" I asked quietly.

"Well, they're a little wary of me. But someone has to be in there to spy," He said.

I didn't miss the bitter not in his voice.

"But Dumbledore should have known he was sending you right into danger," I said trying to mask my anger... and failing.

"Cassiopeia, nothing is going to happen to me. If anything goes wrong, I'm getting right out of there, I promise." Remus said very seriously. "I don't think your mother and father would approve if I met myself be eaten by a werewolf while raising their kid."

I knew it was a joke, but I barely found it funny. Instead I found myself wondering about my real parents.

"What were they like? My mom and dad?"

"James was really big on pranking. Always had another trick up his, and a wonderful sense of humor. He could be a bit of a prat sometimes, but he was one of the most caring people I knew," Remus said.

I giggled at his use of the word "prat" before saying, "and my mom?"

"Caring. Lily never stopped caring about anyone. She was brilliant, just like you." He sighed, before adding with a chuckle, "much more sensible than James."

A grin spread across my face as I pictured the two of them bickering over some small prank my dad pulled.

"They loved you and Harry very much, don't forget that."

I nodded, "I won't."

Ginny and I woke to presents at the foot of our beds. Amongst it were some sweets, a jumper, and plenty of other things from all the Weasleys.

The last one I opened was from Remus. It was a beautiful silver locket. I picked it up carefully, it was heart shaped and engraved with swirls. It was beautiful.

Happy tears sprung to my eyes as I opened it. On one side, there was a picture of Lily and James Potter waving at the camera. On the other side, was a picture of the two of them smiling down at two babies. Me and Harry.

"Cas?" Ginny asked uncertainly.

"It's- my parents," I told her as I showed her the locket.

"Wow," she said awestruck, "it's beautiful."

"I know."

I rushed down stairs in my new Weasley sweater (there was a quaffle on it this year) and my new locket around my neck. I thanked everyone for their gifts before finding Remus.

As soon as I found him, I threw my arms around him tightly. He returned the gesture with a chuckle.

"It's beautiful Remus, thank you," I said, hoping he knew just how grateful I was.

"Of course. I thought you should have something of theirs. That locket was your mother's. She left it at my house for a very long time," he said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

Unfortunately the happiness of the day didn't last forever. Despite the many happy memories made with Remus, Harry, and the Weasleys, things went downhill at dinner time.

Percy and the minister of magic showed up. The look on Percy's face suggested he'd rather be anywhere but here. It was a rude interruption to me and Fred quietly making fun of Bill and Fleur.

It was even worse when the minister requested that Harry and I accompany him outside. This should be interesting, I thought dully.

"Don't kill him," I whispered to Fred and George as I left them in the same room as Percy.

The next few minutes were spent with my standing next to Harry, wishing the minister would get to the point. Scrimgeour was busy pretending to be interested in a gnome that was poking around. I rolled my eyes,  just tell us what you want.

Finally, the minister got to his point. Quietly I listened to him try to convince us to pretend we were backing the ministry.

As if.

Then I listened to Harry as he growled about how the ministry wasn't really doing shit. Harry was right about that. But some part of me disagreed when he began to argue in Dumbledore's defense.

I remained silent.
The truth was, Dumbledore was looking to do a similar thing to the ministry. They both wanted teenagers to deal with Voldemort. They both wanted Harry and I to keep saving people, or at least look like we could save people.

"Yeah, I am," Harry said, "glad we straightened that out." Were the last words Harry spoke before walking away.

The minister turned to me, "And what about you, miss Potter?"

All he got from me was a very rude hand gesture as I walked away from him.

I heard an annoyed, "that is extremely inappropriate," as I walked away.

I smirked. Inappropriate, but not illegal.

A/N- Hey guys! Here's a Christmas chapter in the middle of summer:) Hope you all enjoyed, and thank you for reading! XOXO

P.S. Sorry it's so short