Chapter Three: See You Soon

Cassiopeia's POV
Platform 9 3/4 was as crowded as always on the day we were to return to school. Fred and I stood hand in hand next to the Weasleys, my brother, and Remus. Parents were rushing around saying goodbye to their kids and making sure they were already on the train.

I closed my eyes for a second, and an image of Sirius running around as a dog last year flashed through my mind. I swallowed, trying to push the lump out of my throat. He was still here this time last year.

"You okay, love?" Fred asked me quietly.

I nodded, "I just miss Sirius."

A sad look came over his face, "we all do," he said sadly.

It was time to say goodbye to everyone. I hugged Mr. and Mrs. Weasley tightly, "thank you for letting me stay."

"Of course, Cassie," Mrs. Weasley replied with her warm smile.

Next came Remus. I'd had the best summer yet with him.

Remus pulled me into a very tight hug that I was happy to return, until I couldn't breathe. "Can't- breathe- Remus," I choked out.

He chuckled and loosened his grip, "sorry Cas."

"It's okay," I said with a grin.

"Remember, keep up with your classes. And don't do anything too crazy," he said.

"So... kind of crazy things are still allowed?" I asked.

Remus rolled his eyes at me, causing me to laugh. "I won't do anything too crazy, Remus."

"Bye Cassie," Remus laughed.

"Bye. I'll see you at Christmas."

Before I realized what was happening, two red heads had wrapped their arms around me. Soon enough I found myself unable to breathe again.

"Can't.... breathe..." I gasped.

George let go of me, and Fred moved his arm down to my waist.

"Remember to wreak absolute havoc. You have to keep up our reputation," George said sternly.

"I wouldn't dream of disappointing you two."

"Good," he said strictly.

"Yes sir," I said with a grin.

"I'm gonna miss you Cas."

"I'll miss you too Georgie."

George walked away and I was left alone with Fred. My heart sunk as I realized this would be the last time I'd see him for a long time. Once again, I swallowed a lump in my throat. I didn't want to leave him.

I looked at him and he cupped my face with his hands. "I love you Cassie, don't forget that."

"I couldn't forget if I wanted to. I love you too Freddie."

"Don't let any of those gross sixth year boys come after you alright?" Fred said with a small smile. Even though he was kidding, I knew he was partly serious.

"They don't have a chance. No cute girls for you either," I said.

"Wouldn't dream of it. I'll see you soon love," Fred said.

"I'll see you soon."

I wrapped my arms around his neck for one more kiss before I left. I memorized the taste of his lips, and the way he smelled. He was perfect.

All too soon, I was boarding the train with Harry. It began speeding away, with Mrs. Weasley chasing after it shouting things at us. I couldn't help but smile at her determination.

The train ride wasn't the same. I stared off into space the whole time, wishing the twins were here. Wishing we were laughing and telling jokes and planning pranks. There was no better way to spend this time in my opinion.

Suddenly Harry was nudging me with his elbow and I snapped out of my trance.

"What?" I asked, giving Harry a dirty look.

"We've been requested to join Professor Slughorn," Harry said dully.

"Why?" I asked, still annoyed.

"I don't know," was all Harry said.

As it turned out, everyone who had been requested by Slughorn was there because they either are famous or know someone famous. I suspected Ginny was there because of what had happened at the ministry.

The meeting with Slughorn was several different types of awkward and uncomfortable. He interrogated Neville about his parents, and then Harry about the ministry. Soon enough it was my turn to be questioned.

"So you and Harry really went years without knowing you're twins," Slughorn said.

"Yes," I said in a bored voice.

"Such a shame. You look just like your mother. I had the pleasure of teaching her you know?"

"Yeah, Harry told me," I said.

It was all too unpleasant to be questioned about these things, for all of us. We didn't want to talk the ministry where we lost Sirius, we didn't want to talk about having siblings we didn't know about. The only thing I could think of Slughorn was how inconsiderate he had to be to ask these things.

After the meeting I joined Harry, Neville, and Ginny in the hallway to complain about the reason we were invited.

"Better reason than inviting someone because his mothers famous," Harry said as he glared at Zabini.

"Agreed," I said angrily.

Harry started to say something about an uncle, but he broke off. "I'll see you three later," he said and then took off.

I had a feeling I should have followed him.

It was time for the feast to start and Harry still hadn't returned. My leg was bouncing up and down with nerves. My brother had a tendency of getting himself into trouble.

"Where do you suppose he is?" Ginny asked next to me.

"I don't know, I just hope he shows up soon," I said, trying to sound calm.

For all I know, Harry is in the hospital wing in a coma. No, they would tell you, I reminded myself. I wasn't the only one worried. Ron and Hermione were constantly checking the doors for a sign of him. We all kept glancing at each other, hoping we could come up with something.

I didn't pay attention to the sorting, I was too focused on the doors. It didn't matter. No matter how much I stared, the door didn't open.

My stomach began to churn as a thought occurred to me.

What if Harry hadn't gotten off the train?

A/N- Here's the next chapter! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. XOXO