Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A few weeks go by, Zero's mother is very nice to me. Asking my opinions on the food and anything else. Trying to really start over. Which I have to say, now that she is trying, we have a nice time together. She is finally seeing me for me, as I am seeing her for her.

She wants this wedding to be everything for me and Zero. Wanting to make both of us happy. I agree to her suggestions as its happening in her home. With most of her family there. It's just me and my children. She knows what her family would like to eat better than I would. Plus I really don't mind about any of that. All I want is to be Mrs. Kiryu. Nothing could compare to the feelings, I been having the last few weeks. Knowing that its really going to take place.

I go to find myself a dress, which I have to say. I am dreading. I am close to eight months pregnant. I could wait till after the baby is born, but everyone is so happy about the wedding, I don't mind. Plus I really can't wait to be his. He seems very happy from what I have been noticing. He doesn't seem to have any regrets. He even asked his brother to be the best man. Which Ichiru gladly accepted. It makes Zero very happy to be around him. I see it more and more every day. His brother will call him, or stop by. He lights up from it. I am so happy. I could give this to him. He seems to trust him very much.

Before we knew it the wedding day was here. I went down the street to Zero's Parents house to get ready.  As Zero stayed at ours. Ichiru was going to head there to help him get ready. And I'm sure to pick on him. Like he likes to do.

"Hey Bro, I just thought. I would stop by. Make sure you're not having any second thoughts. "Ichiru says. 

"No, I'm not. I can't believe the day is here so fast. Alexa is with mom. They are actually getting along great." Zero says.

 "Yea, Mom says nice things about her lately. She sees how much she cares for you. Do you really feel the same man? I mean it doesn't seem like you. Is this just because she is pregnant?" Ichiru asks.

 "No, there is more to this than that. You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Zero states.

 "Try me. I have been going over and over in my mind, Things don't add up. Not to mention, I don't remember living here all my life. What is going on?" Ichiru replies.

 "Read This book, it should answer some of your questions. I haven't read it all. I did live it, at least half of it. I left before the other half took place."Zero states.

 "Are you Crazy?" Ichiru asks. 

"No, Google Vampire Knight. Go to the wiki page. See what it says." Zero announces. 

"WTF? Why am I there? What are you? Who is Yuki?" Ichiru responds. 

"Keep reading," Zero says.

Ichiru keeps reading finding everything out. Still not able to believe this is real. That he is part of this and also dead. Drained by Zero. That doesn't make him feel very good at all. Him having a helping hand in Zero becoming a vampire and his parent's death only hurts him more.

"Why would I do this? What is this?" Ichiru says.

 "It's a Manga, a Story. We are not real, we are just made up characters in someone's book. If it wasn't for Alexa none of us would be here. SHe came to Cross, because she wanted me. She pretended. She was Yuki and here we are." Zero states.

 "Here we are? So she pretended to be Yuki, that doesn't answer all my questions." Ichiru comments.

 "She wanted to give me, what I wanted. She was in Yuki's body and we had a great time together. She made me see how love is supposed to feel. When she left, and Yuki came back, things were not the same. I was happy to have her back, but my feelings were confused. I wasn't really in love with Alexa, I didn't even know who she was. I was curious. About what she looked like, where she came from. Yuki left me for Kaname, so I figured I would give it a try. When I got here, I still wasn't in love with her. I did see she cared for me. For real. Her feelings are true, Then she just kept giving me all these things, I never had.  A child, My family was back and alive. I didn't want to go back to Yuki and leave all this. I never had any of this there. I had nothing there. So I stayed, I went along with it all, having some fun along the way. But now, I really care. The feelings grew, it feels so different to have a person love me and only me. Do things for me, without thinking about someone else. I know to marry her would make her extremely happy. I want to make her as happy as she makes me. Plus she is carrying my son. I want to give him a father.  I want to watch him grow up." Zero states.

"So you pretty much just went along with this the whole while?" Ichiru asks. 

"Yes, The feelings grew as we went. I wasn't in love with her from the start. Like I said. I didn't even know who she was. I just went off her feelings, but it was nice being around her. And it grew." Zero says.

 "So if you fuck up? We all go back to where we came from?" Ichiru asks.

 "I guess. But I don't plan on fucking up. I don't want to go back there either. What the hell is the point?" Zero says.

 "Just the bitch you happen to really love." Ichiru.

 "She isn't a bitch. Confused? Yes. Can't make up her mind Yes. I do still love her. I always will. She is who I was supposed to be with but only because it was written that way. I want to find my own way." Zero says.

 "This isn't really your own way either. You were pretty much forced to be with Alexa, just to have us."Ichiru states. 

"I doubt she would take it away if I said I didn't want to be with her. She isn't the type. I just choose to stay. I love my job, I love my family. I love being here. I am happy. I was never really happy there. " Zero comments.

 "Did you ever read it till the end?" Ichiru asks. 

"No, I haven't had time. I will. I guess it really doesn't matter." Zero says.

 "Shit it says your dead as well. All I can say is don't fuck up. Women get pissy, for revenge, she would send you back. That means the rest of us would have to go to. I don't want to. I like it here as well. I'm not sick, I'm not lame. I have a great job too. Don't fuck this up!" Ichiru says.

 " I have no intentions of it." Zero replies.

Zero thought about this long and hard for the months he was here. How he didn't want to go back. Everyone would think he was pulled into this, trapped. Yet he was the one in the real control going along with it all on purpose. He wanted what everyone else does. Happiness. Once he got a taste didn't want to let it go.

He keeps getting ready putting on his Tux. Feeling even better that Ichiru now knew the truth. It was great sharing it with someone else.