Chapter 23

"You smell really nice" Kyan whispered into my ear, his warm breath against my ear smelling like wine. Like too much wine.

His arm was wrapped around my shoulder as I led him to his room. He swayed and stumbled but I kept him up as best I could. His body was so large that we could barely walk a straight line.

It was my fault I guess. I made a bet with him that every time he was going to say something inappropriate in my mind, he had to take another sip of his wine instead of actually saying it.

But I only made that bet with him to punish him for all the nasty things he says to me. He said something particularly vulgar that made me choke and cough until tears ran down my face and wine ran from my nose. So really it was his fault.

He downed a whole bottle himself.

I set him up sometimes for fun. So what physical attributes come from being Illyrian? Anything special that sets you apart from all the other males in the Night Court? I had said to his mind trying to hide my smirk.

He grinned. You evil creature. Asking about the size of my—

It's alright if you're selfconcious. Not everyone is... abundant in that department. Nothing to be ashamed of really.

He poured himself more wine, already preparing to take the sip that would come with his next comment.

I'd rather not have an audience, but they would clear out fast enough once we started.

My eyes darted around the table feeling completely exposed but everyone else was oblivious to what was going on between us.

I would be more than happy to take you against a wall and show you just how abundant I am. Trust me darling, it would be my pleasure. And yours.

I didn't doubt he would do exactly just that if I asked him to. A fire lit up deep in my core that I cursed myself for. I hated what he could do to me. With a few sultry words and a purr, he made me feel things physically that I had never felt before.

Perhaps it was the animal part of me that ached for him to fill that need inside of me. That desire.

He tipped his head back and emptied the contents of his glass without breaking eye contact. His violet eyes still to this day took me off guard. I've never met anyone with eyes like his. They seemed to glow.

He had a way of looking at me that made me feel completely naked. As if his eyes themselves stripped me bare. It sent a shiver down my spine every time.

"You're so small it's adorable." Kyan said as we stumbled down the hallway. I swear he was getting heavier and heavier. The more we walked, the more he leaned on me.

"I suggest never calling me small again. Or you might just lose a limb."

I opened his bedroom door and dropped him on his bed. I bent to take off his shoes and threw them to the side.

I crawled in next to where he lay and I propped myself up on my elbow. He did the same.

"Sorry for calling you small. I didn't mean it as an insult." He brushed the hair out of my face and all of a sudden I became entirely aware of how close we were. His body was twice the size of mine and his one leg was thrown over my own, a hand around my waist.