Chapter 34

He laughed a little. "I don't think we are anywhere near even." His voice lowered and his eyes seemed to glow in the reflection. "But maybe I'll decide to pay you back one of these days."

His voice alone sent a shiver down my spine

I rolled my eyes to distract from the redness that heated my cheeks. "Why are you so horny all the—"

My sentence was cut off as I gasped. Kyan had dragged a finger from the base of my neck, across the top of my wings. We made eye contact through the reflection and he was smirking like an idiot. It felt... strange to say the least. Like nothing I had ever felt before. It caught me off guard and took me by surprise. It felt good. Like every pleasurable thing I could think of all in one. And I know I wasn't very experienced in that field of life but it was wilder than I had imagined. I used to make fun of Kyan for it but now, it all made sense. The wings were sensitive as he had said but I hadn't expected it to feel like that.

I spun to face him and grabbed that sinful hand of his. I held him by the wrist between us but he just smirked, his eyes having a different kind of light this time. "So they are true Illyrian wings."

"I- I guess so." I stumbled on my words as I still tried to wrap my mind around what just happened. Before I could even blink, I was pinned to the wall behind me as Kyan crashed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as our lips moved instinctively with each other. The world fell out from underneath my feet.

It felt good. This kiss was proof that what happened this morning, when we kissed, it was not a spur of the moment. It answered that silent question that had been on my mind since it happened. Did we kiss because we were dying or because it was something more? Did those words we said, that promise we made, hold merit? I guess now I know. I wonder if it had been killing him all morning like it had been me.

In another moment, he wrapped his arm around my body and without breaking the kiss for a second even to breathe, he carried me back to the bed. He laid me down gently while he followed on top of me, deepening the kiss even more. The weight of his body on mine was heavy yet his grip was loose enough that if I changed my mind, I could and we would stop. But right now I didn't want to stop. His breathing was ragged and he gasped for air like I did. My head was spinning and my heart was pounding.

My breath caught as he kissed my neck, my jaw, then kissed my exposed collarbone, leaving a trail of kisses along the way. Each kiss seemed to set my whole being on fire inside and out. He made his way back up to my lips. All while he did so, he ran fingers over one of those mighty membranes of my wings. My back arched at the feeling, and he continued.

His other hand slipped underneath my shirt— his shirt— and gripped my waist. I immediately opened my legs for him and It wasn't long before his hand slipped between them. He groaned when he felt the effect he had upon my body. He snarled and the sound reverberated in my core. I was already wet and ready for him and he slipped a finger inside me with ease. Then two.

I let out a moan, struggling to catch my breath. From my wings, to my lips, to what Kyan was doing between my thighs, I couldn't pick which sensation was driving me more crazy. My thoughts were racing. The pit in my stomach grew more and more. I had never felt anything like this before. Like an overwhelming mix of pleasure with the addition of my wings now.

Both of his hands kept working as we kissed and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. I closed my eyes. Complete euphoria. I could barely think as I gripped Kyan's hair in response to what I was feeling. At that, he moved even quicker and I threw my head back in pleasure. The world around me exploded. The noise that escaped my mouth was one I had never made before. My body writhed and shook as I fell off the edge and plummeted into a climax.