29.

Weeks passed since the commander had shown me that box and of course our little trip to my mother. Now I knew what was in it. An injection what turn humans into titans. I knew that Kenny gave the same thing to Levi too. I didn't say anything about it to anyone yet. It was a hidden secret between me and the commander. He was in a worse state than before. He was depressed and I hadn't had the time and chance to speak with him or even brighten his day. All I could do is smile at him from the distance. Today was the changing day. I knew about his plan which was sacrifice a whole legion to kill the Beast titan. He was in that squad. My heart hurted like hell but I couldn't do anything about it. I knew he wouldn't change his mind. He just wanted to see what's going on without any shade or lie. We stood in the wall. People shouted at us but this time it weren't insults it were good luck or thanks....it was different but in a good way. I stood right next to him. His left arm brushed my right. I wonder...does he even like me?...

"How long has it been since the Survey Corps had a sendoff like this?"I heard a voice and I smiled a bit. It truly felt good.

"As far as I know...it's the first."said an other voice.

The commander slammed his hand in the air."RAAAAAAA!!!!"

The people under the wall shouted too. It gave us strength.

"COMMENCE THE FINAL OPERATION...TO RETAKE WALL MARIA!!"as the commander shouted we runned to the lifts. My heart beated so fast. We got down and I was right behind him."ADVANCE!!!"

I felt something on my wrist. I looked down and saw the commander's blue bolo tie. I gulped and put it on my neck. I don't know when did he put that there but...please don't die...

We rode all night and reached the walls just in the morning.

"The sun is starting to rise!! Be careful of the hiding titans!!"the commander shouted from the front."Begin the operation!! All troops switch to vertical maneuvering!!"

Everyone did as he said. We jumped on the wall and I started to run. My home...it's here. I was born here. I wanted to go home so many times... Suddenly I heard yelling and I turned back. I saw a flash. No it can't be...Eren transformed minutes ago he couldn't... The commander was shouting again but I wasn't in the distance yet to hear what was he saying. I peeked down the wall and saw Reiner...in his titan form climbing up the wall.

"Reiner Braun!!!"I shouted and he looked at me. He stopped for a minute then continue to climb up. This is it. The moment I was frightened about. He wasn't my friend anymore. He was my enemy and I had to destroy all of the titans. For humanity for revenge and for him, my family. It didn't matter. The only thing what mattered that was to earn the goal even by my own death.

"This moment! This battle!! Humanity's continued survival depends on it! So once more, for humanity's sake...DEDICATE YOUR HEARTS!!"he shouted and we all shouted back in sinc.

"YES, SIR!!"most of the people jumped off the wall. I see...they went to protect the horses...that beast want us unarmored...

"Levi, Armin, April wait!"the commander called out and we stopped."I know I gave orders to your squad...but you're staying here, Levi, April."

"...you want us to protect the horses not Eren?"the shorter one said and I was just looking at them.

"That's right. And wait for your opening to kill that Thing. You're the only ones I can trust to destroy the Beast titan."I nodded and looked away. This may mean the end...

"...Understood. I will make up for failing to kill that one Armored beat earlier...by taking that Beast's head off its body."Levi replied and jumped off. I quickly gave a short kiss to the commander before I jumped after him. I saw his eyes full off pain from the corner of my eyes."April focus. He will be fine if we will be fine."

"Okay, Levi..."

"Yes?"he looked at me while we were heading to the horses.

"Thank you for everything."I smiled at him before we parted away. I saw a 3 meter class and went straight to its direction. I just wanted to be with him...I wanted to be happy...am I the wrong one for having my own dreams?