27.

I can't say we laughed all of this off because my mother ordered us back into the living room. As we were sitting next to each other waiting for her to come back from the kitchen Erwin softly took my hand in his interwining our fingers. I smiled up at him earning a smile back from him. Just when he leaned down for a kiss my mother walked into the room and I turned red pushing him back with my other hand. I was still not comfortable with kissing in front of others especially family. Poor commander always tried to kiss me in front of Levi or Samuel because he felt so but it always ended up as me running away as a blushing mess and him pouting and getting glared at by my brothers.

"So please tell me children was this show really necessary? I know Nile can be an pain in the butt but I didn't ask you to come here for this" she was massaging her temples as she sat down in front of us.

I just scraped the back of my neck in embarrassment. She was right. As always...

"I sincerely apologise madam. I didn't mean to cause a scene"Erwin sighed gripping my hand. I looked up at him a bit surprised. He would never apologise for fighting with Nile unles.. Oh my god he wants to impress her so much!

He just side eyed me and I quickly looked away from him facing my mother."So...we're finally here. There's no need for me to introduce him now but...he is my partner"

I heard his snickering but I didn't care. Yes I was blushing and playing with my hair. I was so embarrassed to say it out loud. I said it several times in my head and I heard him say this to people but it's so much more difficult for me to state it. He was the man of my dreams since I was a teen so it becoming reality is so surreal for me.

"I'm glad I finally met you in person. She was so head over heels for you since she was 13!"my mother laughed and Erwin chuckled too.

"Mom!"I hated when she did this. Embarrassing me in front of someone important.

"Calm down dear. It's not a big deal"she just laughed it off."There was that one time when she even asked her fater to let her get up to the wall so she might see you"

"MOTHER!"she said it's not a big deal. It's a big deal for me! Oh my why? Why me of all people? Samuel knows every embarrassing thing because she told her and that's more than enough! Not him too! Escape plan A in action!!

"We actually have to go because the commander has to meet up with commander Pixis!"I stood up and pulled him up too. He just laughed and helped me.

"But honey your mother is so nice we should stay longer"I shot him a death glare and he looked away still smiling.

"Oh you're still calling him commander? That's so cute! But you should go I don't want Pixis to wait because of me"she smiled standing up and following us to the door.

"How do you know him?"I asked putting on my boots.

"We always shop for groceries together"she smiled waving her left hand like it was nothing.

"You met every important person while you were shopping for groceries. I think it's time for me to give that place a go"she laughed and hugged me.

"Take care darling. And you too Erwin dear. I hope it's okay"

I saw a tear in his eyes but he quickly whipped it off and nodded. Just when he opened the door rain started to pour from the sky followed by lightnings. I jumped, accidentally bumping into him, the sudden sound took me by surprise. He hugged me close glaring outside while my mother closed the door.

"You're not going anywhere. I will make dinner, you two should make yourself comfortable. The room on the first floor, the second on the left. You can sleep there"she left us alone in the hallway.

"Escape plan A failed"I mumbled into his chest as I snuggled closer to him, another lightning struck near us.

"What are you talking about?"he asked as I was now removing his boots. His arm was still around me.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go up and relax a bit"

Fuck.

"Don't curse in your thoughts or at least don't look like Levi when you do it"