08. courting you

Hoyeon's POV

Shinhyuk and I bid goodbye to Mark and Jisung then separated ways. "I'm scared. What am I gonna say to him later?" Shinhyuk asked, biting her lip as we made our way to class.

I patted her shoulder. "Just let him do the talking first." I said and we met Minnie and Jisoo on our way. "Bestie!" Jisoo immediately ran towards me. She hugged me so tight that I can't breathe.

Minnie's face was also red, like Shinhyuk's earlier. I smirked. "Minnie~. What happened?" I asked her teasingly. Jisoo also smirked as she broke our hug. "She immediately went with me because she was walking beside Jaemin."

"Ayee." She waved her hand. "Stop it, guys. Let's just go." We all nodded and we walked back to our room. We went to our seats and Minnie was trying to look away from Jaemin, who just glanced at her.

Minnie and I sat beside each other and waited for Ms. Kim to come in. While I was reading a smut on my phone, I noticed Minnie writing something down in the back of her notebook.

My jaw nearly dropped at how many times Jaemin's name have been mentioned. Even though there are Japanese, Chinese and others written, it was clear that all of those are the words 'Na Jaemin'.

"Ehem?" Minnie immediately slammed her notebook, closing it and grinned at me. "Hi, hehe." I waved my hand. "I'm not judging and telling. Continue." She pursed her lips and smiled before scribbling again.

"Minnie," She closed her notebook once again when Jaemin walked up. I tried not to put a huge smile on my face. I looked on my phone, letting my hair fall down and covering my face. I then smiled. "W-What is it?" I heard Minnie say.

"Do you have a sharpener? Our other classmates don't have." Jaemin said. "W-Wait, let me check." I saw Minnie rummaging inside her back then took out a sharpener. "H-Here."

I felt Jaemin grin. "Thanks. I'll return it later." I heard Jaemin walking away and I slowly rose my head, giving Minnie that look. Minnie pouted and glared at me. "Stop looking at me like that. You're making me obvious."

"Minnie! Here," Our heads turned to Jaemin. He tossed the sharpener to Minnie. She immediately raised her hand and she catched her sharpener. Jaemin winked and I pursed my lips, looking at Minnie. Jaemin went back to his seat.

Minnie remained unmoved. I snapped my fingers and she blinked. "What the heck, what the heck, what the heck." She said. I chuckled at her reaction and Ms. Kim walked inside the room, starting the class.

•••

Before we were dismissed, Ms. Kim and Ms. Jung gathered us in the AVR. Minnie, Shinhyuk and Jisoo tailed behind me all the way to the AVR. When I was near the door, Jisung was also there. He smiled at me and dragged me away from my girl friends. I waved bye at them before Jisung and I settled on our own seats.

"Please, settle down!" Ms. Jung's voice boomed in the room. Everyone went quiet and Ms. Kim started to announce. "The deadline for your project would be next week Tuesday for there would be no classes on Monday. Since tomorrow is the weekend, I'm expecting all of you to make your projects. Late ones would not be accepted. Is that understood?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"You can work on it today. That's all. You're dismissed." Students poured out of the AVR and I saw Shinhyuk approach me. "What?" I asked. She was trembling. "It's now."

Jisung raised a brow. "What about now?" I tugged his arm. "She's gonna go to the Lees' building." His mouth shaped into an 'o'. "Won't you need me for the project?" She asked. "We can manage. You go."