16. first one to confess

Shinhyuk's POV

I was just eating my potato chips, waiting for Haechan's text. Mom was watching the news and I was just beside her, the reporters' dialogues coming in and out of my ears.

"Dear, it's your boyfriend!" Mom tapped my leg and pointed at the TV. I didn't correct Mom because she is correct. I froze on my seat as he spoke.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice," He said. "I read about the article about me dating a girl and I called all of you so you can have my statement." He cleared his throat and continued. "Yes, I am dating the girl from last night. She's my girlfriend and her name is Lee Shinhyuk, not Shihyun,"

"Dear, it's you! You're now his girlfriend?!" I laughed at Mom's reaction. "Yeah." My mom hugged me tight. "I'm so happy for you, Shinie." She kissed my cheek. I smiled and listened to Haechan again. "Lee Inc. would file a case if anyone would hate on her. That is all I can say. Any questions would not be entertained. If you'll excuse me."

"Wow, he would file a case if anyone would hate you! The power your boyfriend has!" I chuckled at Mom's comment. "By the way, Mom, I'll be coming over to his condo later."

Mom froze. "His what?" I smiled cheekily. "I said, I'll be coming over to where he lives, at Golden Roses." She cupped my cheeks. "Would you be fine?" I nodded. "Of course, Mom."

She squinted her eyes. "But don't do anything naughty." I laughed. "Of course not."

"You'd be famous, dear!"

"Mom, I'm just his girlfriend."

•••

Minnie's POV

I was still eating when the news came on. I didn't pay much but the voice was so familiar. I turned my head to the TV and saw Haechan, confirming his relationship with Shinhyuk.

I smiled at that. My phone suddenly buzzed and I took it from the table. It was Jaemin.

Jaemin💩

yow did you see the news?

i just did

haechan and shinhyuk's official

im fanboyingg

lmao ure a fan??

kinda

those two are so sweet

just wondering when i'll be like that🤔

maybe you wouldn't😢😂

ayyyee :(

i really have a crush on someone tho

shinhyuk?

lmaoo no

it starts with m

"What the friv." I coughed and immediately texted back.

and it ends with?

i or e

i'll tell you tomorrow

meet me at the bus stop near the convenience store