An Unfamiliar Energy

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball, any Dragon Ball related content and the majority of the characters- not without wishful thinking though

This is my first attempt at FanFic so it may not be as good as i'd like it to be, but enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

Twelve and a half years have passed since the defeat of Cell and Goku and Vegeta's relationship took a very sudden turn, leaving them mated and with a female cub who they named Saya in remembrance of their almost extinct race.

It was a generally bright Saturday and twelve-year old Goten was flying home to Mt Paozu where he lives with Goku and Vegeta after spending the day playing in a forest with the slightly older, fourteen-year old Trunks. Goten suddenly stops dead in the middle of the air 'oh kami that power level isn't human'

He slowly lowered until he was just above the source of the mysterious energy he had felt. 'what could that be, it can't be human and it's not anyone i know- what would dad do?' Goten remained there for quite a while before finally deciding 'dad would investigate, so i will for the good of the Earth, too make my dad proud' He allowed himself to drop down to confront this mysterious stranger.

Lying curled up on the floor in front of Goten is a small figure who appears to be sleeping. Goten slowly approaches this childlike creature, disturbing it's rest. He, for it is clearly male, sniffs and becomes suddenly tense. "Hey there little guy, are you lost?" The small figure remains still, giving no response. 'Oh damn he might be hurt' Goten took a step closer "Are you ok, don't worry I wont hurt you" With a low hiss the figure jumps, turning around to confront Goten.

Goten backs away a bit (purrs) "hey little buddy I wont hurt you" The figure, on his hands and knees, watches Goten warily, snarling quietly. Goten pulls a small bar of chocolate out of his pocket "Are you hungry little guy? Why are you all alone in these scary woods?" The figure stares blankly at Goten, sitting back on his feet whilst kneeling with his hands between his legs and sniffs at the chocolate. Goten places the chocolate in front of him and sits down facing this seemingly shy person.

'I think this kids a neko' Gotens eyes fall upon the neko's tail 'Oh crap a saiyan neko!'