Chapter 2

Chloe woke up by the sound of her alarm. She reached for her phone and looked at the time.

"7:15am"

Chloe groaned as she sits up. Taking in her surroundings, she realized it's not her room. It was Tom's.

"Shit" she muttered to herself. She picked up her phone again and checked her messages..
There were only 4 messages and all of them from Beca..

From BECA..
Her eyes widened as she realized this.
She scroll down to the first text

9:37pm
"Chlo, let me know when you guys are done. I also got your favorite ice cream."

- Becs

She then went on to the second text

11:58pm
"Chloe? Do you still want me to wait for you?"

-Becs

Third text

1:43 am
"Seriously Chloe... Where are you?"

-Becs

The fourth text is what hit her.

3:43 am
"Chloe, I can't take this anymore"

-Becs

The redhead wondered what the last text meant.
Suddenly she realize, she broke her promise, yet again. She promised Beca she would go home after her date with Tom and just hang out since Beca's starting her job at the radio station the next day.

She cursed herself. It's not like she intentionally broke her promise.
It's just that Tom kept on insisting for her to go home with him.
They were making out in his car and one thing led to another with her spending the night at Tom's..

She quietly stood up trying not to wake Tom up, collecting all her clothes.. She needed to get out of there before he wakes up or she won't be able to get away from him.
She just could not resist Tom..

After dressing up, fixing her hair and makeup, she headed towards the apartment she and Beca shared. She knew she needed to make it up for the brunette. She knew that she did not deserve her best friend yet Beca still chose to stick around.
Chloe could always rely on Beca. She would do anything for her. Sometimes Chloe would take advantage of this and not really think about the brunette's feelings at all. She feels bad after. That's why when Beca asked if they could hang out the day before but Tom already made plans.
So Chloe promised Beca that they could hang out after.

Taking an Uber into their apartment, Chloe's getting ready for Beca's anger. Or worse, she's going to shut Chloe out again.

Chloe didnt realize that after she broke Beca's walls down, the brunette fell for her real hard. Little did she know that everytime Chloe broke a promise, the walls are rebuilding themselves again..

Chloe opened the door and quietly removed her shoes and jacket and tiptoed her way up to her room.
Walking past the kitchen, she saw Beca cooking breakfast. She smelled bacon and eggs and her stomach growled at her.
Beca stood there with her back facing the redhead, oblivious that Chloe was standing there. She had her phone hooked up to the speaker and music was playing in the background..

Still oblivious about the redhead's presence she started to sing along to the song that was playing, it was one of her original songs.

"Do you remember when I said I'd always be there?
Ever since we were ten, baby
When we were out on the playground playing pretend
I didn't know it back then"

Chloe decided to listen to the unfamiliar song. She then recognized it was Beca's voice she's hearing on the speakers..

"Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it
Grow old together
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent"

Beca took a deep breath as the chorus of the song begins..

"I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you
Somebody pinch me (I must be dreamin')
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my best friend"

With Beca giving her all, she did not notice a tear fell from her eye. She quickly wiped it and started to sing again..

Chloe can't believe how Beca's voice sounded so good. She knew her bestfriend could sing, but holy shit, she sounded really good..
And was the song about her? She thought to herself. She knows Beca's into girls but they rarely talk about the brunette's relationship.
Beca would always avoid the subject leading Chloe to talk about hers and all the breakups.
She was about to get Beca's attention when she started to sing again.

"Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you cried
Girl, I was there right by your side
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?"

"What the fuck?!"Chloe said a little bit louder, cutting Beca and grabbing her attention..

Beca turned around seeing Chloe standing there staring at her, eyes wide open, eyebrows furrowed together and her mouth was open a bit..

Beca hurriedly snatched her phone away from the speaker and turned the music off..

"I didnt realize you're back" Beca muttered, plating the bacon and eggs she just finished cooking

"Becs, was the song about me?" Chloe asked, still not moving from the spot she was in.

Beca avoided the question by offering her some breakfast..
"I gotta go. I'm gonna be late.." she said trying to not make eye contact with the redhead

"Answer me Beca" Chloe demanded but Beca refuse to look at her. She was about to pass by the redhead when Chloe grabbed her arm forcing her to look at her bestfriend..

"Answer my question!" Chloe yelled at bit.
Hearing Chloe's tone, Beca hesitantly looked at her straight into those blue eyes..

Chloe softened her grip when she saw Beca's eyes. They were red, almost sore, probably she was crying.. Chloe couldnt help but notice the pain and hurt on her best friend's eyes.
She was shocked.. She rarely see Beca cry but from the looks of her, she cried all night..

"Becs, what's going on?"

"N-nothing.. I g-gotta go.. I'm sorry"
Beca said as she pulled her hand away from Chloe's grip..

And with that, Beca's gone..

Chloe was still in shocked with what she heard and what had happened..
"She's starting to shut me off again, why though?" the redhead thought..

She snapped out of her thoughts and grabbed her phone from her purse and started to look for a number..

When she found it, she pressed call and wait for the other person to pick up..
After several rings, she was relieved when she heard the person pick up

"This is Aubrey Posen-Conrad"

"Do you have to say that all the time Bree?"

"Hey Chloe. Yes. I do. I love saying that.. "

"Oh what did Stacie do to you?" The redhead laughed..
"Anyway, I need to talk to you about something. Meet me at the coffee shop around 11?"

"Sure thing. I'll let Stacie know so she can arrange something for Theo"

"Thanks Bree.. I'll see you in a bit"

"Chloe? Can I ask what is it that were talking about?" The blonde asked out of her curiousity

The redhead sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose

"It's Beca.."

---------------------------------------------------------

Song used: Bestfriend by Jason Chen