Chapter 5

It's been almost two weeks since that incident in the coffee and the alleyway. The two girls decided to avoid each other as much as they can. 

It should be hard doing that given that they share one apartment but Chloe was able to do it for the past 2 weeks and it's driving her nuts to not be able to talk to her best friend.

They have very different work schedules. Chloe would always wake up around eight in the morning to go to the animal shelter she works at then after that she heads to vet school for her afternoon classes. Beca, on the other hand, has asked Luke if she could have the night shift in the radio station which Luke gave to her immediately. Beca still can't face Chloe after what had happened and she thought it was better that they don't run into each other. It was just all too much painful for her. 

Beca would be asleep (or pretend to be asleep) when Chloe gets up in the morning and the brunette managed to get out of the apartment before the redhead gets home.
They're both hurting but neither of them had the courage to approach each other and talk it out.

Until one day.

It was Chloe's day off from her work and her professor canceled class that day due to personal reasons, so she decided to sleep in and just relax for the day. The stress from vet school and her "issue" with her best friend has been giving her stress a lot lately.

Still laying on her bed, she picked up her phone and started to call Tom. He wasn't answering which was odd because he would always pick up whenever Chloe calls him.
She tried it for the second time, third and fourth and still nothing.
Giving up, she decided to stop by his place just to hang out.

Getting up from the bed, she lazily went her way to the shower. Opening her bedroom door, she heard music coming from the brunette's room.
Chloe tiptoed her way to Beca's room and leaned in. She can hear her playing her guitar and she was singing again.

"Hello, tell me you know
Yeah, you figured me out
Something gave it away
And it would be such a beautiful moment
To see the look on your face
To know that I know that you know now"

Beca started writing another song again. She figured out that while its not exactly healthy for her to bottle up her feelings and emotions, she turned to song writing and she had gotten good at it.

Chloe just stood in the hallway, listening to her bestfriend let out all her emotions

"And baby that's a case of my wishful thinking
You know nothing
Cause you and I
Why, we go carrying on for hours, on and
We get along much better
Than you and your boyfriend"

It's true that they get along so much better than all Chloe's boyfriends combined. It was like they were really made for each other.

"Well all I really wanna do is love you
A kind much closer than friends use
But I still can't say it after all we've been through
And all I really want from you is to feel me
As the feeling inside keeps building
And I will find a way to you if it kills me
If it kills me"

Beca's voice was shaky when she sang the chorus. Chloe heard some sniffles along and she's sure that the brunette's crying. She can't help but to feel sorry for her bestfriend. She's all confused now as to what she's suppose to do.
Tears fall down on Chloe's face as she listened to every word Beca had belted out.

"Well how long, can I go on like this,
Wishing to kiss you,
Before I rightly explode?
This double life I lead isn't healthy for me
In fact it makes me nervous
If I get caught I could be risking it all