chapter 11

After showering and changing the girls leave the locker room with Brittany in tow. They are running a little behind and are trying to rush to get to all their lockers before the bell rings. Brittany speaks up, "Hey I can walk with Rachie to her locker while you guys go to yours then I will bring her to you so you can get to class in time."

San looks skeptical, "No B, its ok we can make it all going together."

Rachel cuts in, "San, Brittany can go with me it's just down the hall from you guys. No one would try anything with Brittany there. They wouldn't dare or suffer your wrath. It will be ok."

San looks to Quinn who also looks skeptical but just shrugs, "Ok, but be quick." Then they all hurry to their lockers Britt arm in arm with Rachel.

Rachel tries to hand the folder back to Britt but she refuses it, "no Rachie, can you keep it for after school practice? I could really use your help."

Rachel looks back at her, "If coach catches me with this..."

Britt just shakes her head, "it will be fine Rachie, promise." Rachel just nods and puts it back in her pack.

They finish up at Rachel's locker then meet up at a very anxious Santana's locker, Q not looking any calmer. "There you are," San says rushing to their side Quinn in tow. "What took you guys so long?"

Rachel just chuckles, "San, I'm fine. We went straight there and then right to you."

San just blushes a little, "sorry, just a little on edge today. Let's go to class."

The day goes by rather boring. No one approached them accept for a few of the Gleeks asking If Rachel is doing better today. At lunch time they enter the lunch room together, get their food and sit at the Glee table with the same way they did the day before. The rest of the Glee club came and sat around them. As they were all making small talk about regionals Finn approached the table. San and Q stood up and behind Rachel and Puck stood to the side. San spook first, "you can't sit here Finnept. Shue told us he talked to you and you have been asked to stay away from her unless it is required for glee but even then you are to keep your distance, so step off."

"Oh come on. I wasn't sitting anywhere near her. Can we just put this misunderstanding behind us? We are a team." Finn was looking around at all of them with his kicked puppy face hoping for help.

Quinn stepped toward him, "no Finn, a misunderstanding was when Rach and San thought I made eggs instead of tofu this morning." At this the entire club was looking at all the girls in total shock. She continues, "you stalking her, watching her in the choir room when she was not aware, and then following her until Puck walked away so you could corner her alone and then proceed to try and grab a hold of her when she doesn't give you the answer you want? That. Is. Not. A. Misunderstanding. So no, we cannot put is behind us, and we won't until Rachel is comfortable in your presence again. Hence the fact that Shue asked you to stay away and keep your distance. Now, leave." She's says this all with such cold malice that the rest of the club is staring back and forth between them. Santana and Puck are smirking at him, Rachel is staring at Quinn in awe, and Brittany is fighting a giggle.

Finn just stares at them all for a second then turns on his heel and storms out of the lunch room. Quinn just sits back down, "well, that was satisfying." At that Brittany can't fight her giggle anymore and is outright laughing. San and Puck just shake their heads good naturedly with small smiles and the rest of the club just looks at them as Rachel melts into Quinn's side saying thank you, who pulls her in with an arm around her. She then reaches out to hold Santana's hand, who takes it and places it in her lap before resuming her lunch. As they eat the rest of the Gleeks just watch the girls and Puck interact. They are not sure what exactly is going on. They have never seen Rachel act so timid or the others so protective and seemingly caring. They decide to keep watching and see what happens.