chapter 46

Thursday flew by with prep for Cheerios regionals and Friday was upon them. They packed the night before, loaded up the Land Rover and were ready bright and early. Again Sue met them at home to load her own things and rode with them.

They were meeting the Cheerios in the gym to prepare to leave. They would be leaving at 8:00 that morning and had to go through the checklists and load the buses.

Quinn and San were in charge checking off all of the girls' luggage. Coach and Rachel were taking care of the competition uniforms and getting them on the bus with Shelby and Brittany's help.

Rachel was loading one of the racks and saw two red silk polo shirts similar to her uniform shirts only twice as nice and two pairs of black slacks. She turned to Sue as she came up beside her. "Hey coach, what are these for?"

Sue smiled. "Those are your competition uniforms. They just came in yesterday."

Rachel took a shirt off the rack. "These are really nice."

Sue shrugged. "I figured the squad had special competition stuff, you should too. There are a pair new pair of black dress shoes for you as well." She hung the clothes in her hand and exited the bus.

Rachel just smiled after her then finished up the uniforms in her hand, heading back out for more. As they finished loading the uniforms, San and Quinn were bringing out the luggage carts with the other girls. They got it all loaded and called the squad to them.

Rachel stood on the bottom step of the bus to address them. "Ok ladies, we will be leaving shortly. You need to split up fifteen to each bus, please don't make coach have to do it for you. Quinn, Santana and I will be on this bus so only thirteen others on here. We will be arriving at the hotel in Cleveland in about three hours or so. We will check in, have lunch then head to the training fields for our scheduled practice time of 2:00."

Coach walked over to her. "Ok you sloppy babies loaded it up and let's hit the road."

Rachel hopped down and went over to Shelby hugging her. Shelby kissed her forehead. "Judy is picking me up here after school. All my stuff is loaded so I will see you around 5:30 give or take with traffic."

The other girls hugged her as well. Rachel just smiled at her mother's anxious face. "We'll see you in a bit. Don't worry, coach will take care of us."

Shelby sighed. "I know but I can worry. Get over it."

They all chuckled and headed for the bus. Sue came up next to her. "Don't worry honey, it's only a few hours then you will see them."

Shelby hugged her. "I worry about you too you know." She stepped back and looked at the busses. "I hate that I have to teach a class today and Figgins wouldn't let us get a sub but it will be fine. Judy and I will be there as soon as we can and we'll eat dinner with you all."

Sue smiled and hugged her one last time. "Trust me I wish you were riding with us and not Ms. Pillsbury. At least she is on the other bus and the girls and I are in this one."

Shelby chuckled and slapped her arm. "Be nice. You have two busses and 31 girls to keep up with. You needed another chaperon. At least you didn't get stuck with Shuster."

Sue shivered comically. "Bite your tongue." They both laughed and Sue kissed her temple. "On that note, I'm off, see you in a few hours."

She headed to the second bus for a head count then back to her own to do the same. Once they were all accounted for they headed out. Shelby waved them off then sighed and went back in the school.

They arrived at the hotel a little after 11:00. Coach got them checked in and they unloaded the busses after being given their room assignments. They had eight rooms for the girls with four to a room. Each room having two beds. Rachel and the girl's room had only had the three of them and connected with Sam, Britt, Stacy and Marsha. Coach had a room for her, Shelby and Judy that connected with theirs also. Ms. Pillsbury opted to have a room alone, ever the germaphobe.