Side Story

POV Guard 1

I felt annoyed needing to chase after a man who somehow managed to enter the castle without permission. It was not the first time but it was a man. "Have you seen a black haired man come this way?"

The toad that was inside nodded as he said "He jumped into warp pipe 17 which leads to the city sewer system. In the process I saw him turn into a turtle."

Hearing this I felt miserable. For the next 25 minutes I spent them running around like a maniac inside the town's sewer system. It was not that I was awfully desperate to capture the intruder but I found something. No, it is better to say it found me.

"I don't want to die yet!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I ran while carrying a bunch of turtles with me. The giant alligator though chased me behind with persistence. Its eyes showed a glint of hunger as it kept chomping its snout.

I interrogated the turtles but got no answer. It was clear that toad was forced to lie to me! Once I get my hands on that man who forced the toad to lie I will beat him up!

POV guard 2

I was happy that there was finally some action around here. This place was boring but finally something happened. With these thoughts I questioned a toad "Have you seen a man pass here?" The toad nodded and said "He transformed into a fish right before my eyes. I took him to the sink to help him live but before I knew it he went down the drain. Shouting 'I will destroy the drainage system!' or something like that."

Hearing this my face paled in terror and I was filled with excitement. I went to the castle's basement and entered a passage that leads to the drainage system. For the next 10 minutes I searched the entirety of the place but with no luck. Surely he couldn't have gotten far.

Maybe he is hiding inside one of the cleaning systems that allow the water to be recycled. With these thoughts I headed to the filtering part of the place. The closer I got the more I trembled with despair. This place was disgusting to say the least.

It reeked worse than spoil eggs and milk. I had to cover my mouth and nose to barely be able to withstand it but when I reached the place I found a door. Opening it was similar to unleashing all the smells of hell. I blackout and entered a comatose state with foam leaking out of my mouth.

If I survive I will surely force this person into this area. It is clear that if he made it here he would surely die from the stink itself. I subconsciously crawled out of the place closing it and passing out for another 5 minutes. Finally my conscious returned and I began my search again with every toad that I approached covering their mouth and nose to avoid puking from my stench.

POV guard 3

I was awfully bored and tired from my job. I was planning on retiring soon but it appears that someone had to intrude and make things interesting. I groaned as I asked "Have you seen a man running around here?"

The toad nodded and said "Indeed! I saw him phase right through that wall. I nodded not caring what he was speaking about. I just had to figure out how to enter this wall. He surely can't hide in there forever. He was a fool letting someone phase through a wall while some was watching.

This also brings to question how he phase through since it was oddly suspicious but who cares. Surely none of the other toads would question another toad's words. So I didn't either since I did not want to be bothered.

I spent 5 minutes searching for a way inside and finally I found a door. The door was really well decorated for some reason and smelled kind of nice. This person must have been lucky getting into such a neat room. Who knows what he is doing there.

I opened the door and entered it without a second thought. It is my job to capture this man and it will finally be over. Walking deeper inside while only keeping an eye out for the man that was said to have black hair I did not notice something important.

Inside this place were neatly placed pieces of clothing that were not from the guards or male toads. When I realized this it was too late. I opened the door to heaven and hell. The female toads were bathing and I happened to intrude. Their piercing eyes landed on me and I felt my existence shiver as if I provoked death.

Seeing their bodies though I had a nose bleed and could only stutter feeling shocked "I- I- I ca-" I was sent flying by a female toad throwing a fist to my face. For the next 15 minutes I was relentlessly beaten black and blue by them before being tossed outside as if I were trash.

It took me 5 minutes to wake up from the coma I entered feeling all my body aching. It was worse than having bones broken even. If I ever find the man I swear I beat him up until he can't stand. With this grudge in mind I stood up and began my search with renewed vigor.For the first time since becoming a guard I gave it my all.