Gaining a Fief

Abyss stared at the toads eyes filled with grievances and desire for vengeance. He laughed deep inside his soul enjoying their misery. This is what they get for daring to offend him even a small hidden part of him was smiling deep inside but let us ignore that part.

Nonetheless he did not forget his business "Princess Peach right? I have business to talk to you about. It would be for the best if no one is here to intervene with the conversation although I don't mind these two girls being there if they make you feel safe."

Abyss said this only to get rid of the toads that looked as if they were ready to go and mug him. Princess Peach nodded as she said "My dear Guard Toads. There is nothing to worry about. You can all return to your stations."

The toads hearing this nearly collapsed in despair. They wanted to stay and take care of their own 'business' with the man but the princess has spoken for them to return to their stations. They love the princess and most were willing to give their life for her thus they left begrudgingly without another word.

Abyss smiled as he said "Safe!" Maria and Luigina looked at him with suspicion while Princess Peach looked at him with her princess demeanor. Abyss chuckled and said "Oh Merciful Kind Princess Peach! I besiege you to give me a fief of my own to call home. That is what I would say if I was really that desperate. Let us cut to the chase though. I want a fief to call my own and if I don't get one I will change it to 'Oh so cruel and merciless Princess Peach denied sanctuary to a homeless man without anything but his clothes.' Of course I won't be saying it but someone will."

Abyss smiled as he looked at the sky in this open space garden. Princess Peach did not hesitate to speak as she said "Of course you can have a piece of land to settle down. I'm not too certain what you mean by the second half of your speech though."

Abyss hearing what he needed said with a smile "Oh nothing. I was just talking nonsense. Princess Peach is truly merciful and kind that her name will forever resound through the Mushroom Kingdom." Princess Peach smiled but deep inside she was cursing him.

She knew the last portion of his speech was a threat to ruin her precious image that she worked so hard to create. She was not certain if he could do her harm but considering the display he created he surely can do some damage if he set his mind to it. It would be best to play it safe while having a spy toad keep an eye on him. She would also have to keep him close in order to avoid anyone from using him against her too so she already planned on creating a fief for him near toad town. This would ease the implementation of spying on him and avoid needless worry.

Abyss grinned widely as he said "Can I have a map outlining my fief? You can personally get it or sent someone else. I'm certain that no one will mind your requests." Princess Peach nodded as she excused herself to retrieving and outlining the map for him. Abyss looked at the upset Maria and Luigina. He smiled as he said "Is there something wrong?"

Maria was the first to speak "The princess might have not understood what you were saying but we did. You better watch your words in the future." Luigina followed up with "Yeah or you will be dealing with us in the future."

Abyss chuckled as he said "Calm down ladies. I will leave this castle for almost for good. I can't guarantee I won't come back but you can be certain of something. If no one goes around provoking me I will have no reason to play games with you all."

Maria was becoming angry at Abyss's casual tone. Abyss seeing this got up and took a few steps back holding his arms up saying cautiously "Easy easy. It is just a misunderstanding. Your princess is definitely great as she is kind and caring so those words were unnecessary but if you go around attacking me and Princess Peach just happens to witness this what do you think she will think? What will the toads around her think ladies? Let us just call it a truce to not bother with each other unless is absolutely necessary."

Maria huffed as she calmed herself town. Luigina tried to help her by placing a hand on her shoulder and saying "His right Maria. We can't go around causing trouble to someone that has yet to do anything wrong. It was just some careless words." Abyss nodded with a smile showing that he was pleased.

The doors leading to the garden opened with Princess Peach entering. "I have retrieved the map. Oh my, is there something wrong?" She said with a worried face but deep inside she was pleased that both Maria and Luigina defended her. Abyss chuckled 'nervously' as he said "Nothing is wrong. You arrived just in time to join us in our game of charades. Am I right girls?"

Both Maria and Luigina nodded as Abyss swung his arm around as if he was hitting something. Maria eyes lit up and shouted "Hammer!" Abyss laughed and said "Correct!" Returning to looking at Princess Peach he said "I apologize that I must go so soon. I have many things to take care of. Maybe in the future I can play charades with you but until then I will take my leave."

Princess Peach nodded and showed a 'caring' smile as she said "No worries. I will love to play charades with you another time." She handed him the map and Abyss walked out of the place silently through the garden entrance. The rest of the way he was running and laughing as the toads gave chase still wanting to exact their vengeance upon him.