Talking to the sisters

Chapter 7 – Talking to the sisters

Abyss thanked him as after receiving directions began heading out. It appeared that the Haunted Forest was south of the Mushroom Kingdom. As he was leaving he found two girls looking at him. Abyss sighed as he said "You girls stop spying on me."

Maria coughed hearing these words as she said "We weren't spying!" Luigina though was honest as she said "Alright but where you going this time? It is clear you are not heading back to your fief." Abyss raised his brow and asked "Is it important where I go?" Maria frowned as she said "Of course! We can't let a spy of Bowsette infiltrate the kingdom." Luigina sighed as she said "Please ignore my older sister. I doubt you are heading to the Koopa Kingdom where Bowsette is considering the direction your traveling. Could it be the haunted forest?"

Abyss chuckled as he said "It appears most of the brains ended with the younger sibling." Maria hearing this was enraged as she said "Shut it!" Abyss only glanced at her and asked "You know you are getting on my nerves." Maria hmph with displeasure as she said "Alright fine. I will stop bothering you if you swear on your life to not threaten the princess again."

Abyss eyes became cold as a dangerous feeling was beginning to leak from his being. Glancing over he asked "What did you say." Maria shivered and Luigina quickly intervened to meditate the situation "She said nothing. She is just very worried for the Princess safety that is all."

Abyss dangerous feeling disappeared as he spoke in a sage like tone "Is that so? Does suspicion give her the reason to threaten me? Have she investigated me thoroughly to the point she knows all my thoughts by the smallest movement of my body? I doubt it. Now listen up both of you. Upset me one more time and I don't mind giving whoever this Bowsette is a perfect plan to marry the princess. So... SCREW OFF!"

Abyss hmph with displeasure as he said "You siblings have no respect for other and if I do something then that person or group of people deserve it. You guys are still safe but if you take action I swear that I will not stay my hand." Maria frowned but did not say anything.

Luigina could only bitterly sigh as she said "Please forgive us. Maria is just more bold and strong headed compared to others. She also has been protecting Princess Peach for nearly all her life and swore and oath to do so. Can you try to understand that?"

Abyss stopped walking and turned to Luigina and said "I understand that. That is the reason why I haven't taken action against you siblings. I could easily pull of a small stunt to teach you both proper manners but considering her personality it would be similar to adding fuel to fire. Not exactly a good combination. She is bold, unrestrained, and does as she pleases. Sure she is more docile with the princess and her own friends but if she continues going against me. I will not show mercy as I will not add fuel but water to her little flame."

Luigina fell silent now knowing what to say. It was as if they were talking of different topics. She could only shake her head and say "I understand. We will stop bothering you but out of curiosity can you tell us what you are planning on doing?" Maria wanted to speak but Luigina quickly stopped her causing her to pout.

Abyss seeing this smiled as he felt a bit of goodwill form for Luigina. She was not self centered like Maria and clearly she understood her sister clearly. This meant on of two things or both of them. First they were really close that they understood each other very well. Secondly she has been living her sister shadow all her life that she came to understand her sister perfectly.

Abyss was inclined to believe that it was the latter due to the clear way the surrounding toads treated her. Furthermore Maria personality does not appear to be the kind to share the spotlight. Most of the toads looked at Maria with admiration while a few looked at Luigina in respect. Clearly Maria was standing in the higher platform of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Abyss smiled lightly as he said "Fine. I'm going to the Haunted Forest to gather wood to build at my fief." Maria was surprised hearing this while Luigina showed a different reaction. Her face paled as she spoke somewhat nervous "You- you are joking right?" Abyss shook his head and said "Do I look like a person to joke in a serious conversation? Don't answer that! The point is that I am being serious. I need wood to build a good house so off I go."

Luigina quickly got in front of Abyss and took a cross stand as she said "Don't go! The Boos will possess you!" Abyss looked at Luigina in surprised before giving her a smile and saying "No worries." Luigina though did not move causing Maria to become worried for her sister. Abyss clearly was not a friendly person and did not fear them. Although it was likely he did not know of them they still acted in a way to show that they had great status in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Abyss shook his head seeing Luigina still standing in his way. Walking up to her he stopped a foot away and started patting her head consoling "You worry too much. No one in this world can harm me. I'm like Maria. Even if I do have a few problems here and there everything will workout okay."

Luigina looked at him with doubt but Abyss face which beamed with confidence caused her to finally give way. "Alright, just be careful." Abyss chuckled as he said "I did not expect you to say that after all the things I said."

Luigina frowned as she said "Although you are very rude that does not mean that Maria and me wish something bad to happen to you." Abyss looked at Maria and asked "Is that true?" Maria averted her gaze and pouted saying "Luigina don't speak for me." Abyss laughed hearing this. Maria became upset but did not know who to complain to.

Abyss shook his head and said "Alright enough talking. I really need to go." Luigina and Maria nodded as they finally let Abyss go on his way to the Haunted Forest. Luigina wanted Maria to follow him but Maria though refused. She felt that it would be unnecessary due to the way Abyss was so filled with confidence. There had to be a reason for that confidence and so she let it be and did not go to look after him.

Luigina though felt worried but trusted hersister enough to believe that it was fine to just let him go. If he ends upmissing for a week or two then they would go into the haunted forest to rescuehim. Maria agreed to this idea without putting up a fuss since she did not wantto worry he sister to dead by having her have a guilty conscious.