Cleaning the Pond

Chapter 5 – Cleaning the Pond

It took 20 minutes to arrive at the fief. The sun was already beginning to set thus Abyss decided to cover the wagon with the covering that it had. This way it can avoid letting his provisions and boxes from getting wet. He himself entered and laid down in between the boxes.

On his face was a noticeable smile as he said "I got a lot of work ahead of me. I might as well catch up on my rest and begin tomorrow." Closing his eyes he let his conscious drift off into dreamland where he went scuba fishing.

200 feet away from Abyss there were a pair closely watching him. "Maria, I don't think we should be keep an eye on him. It is rude and he hasn't done anything wrong." The one who just spoke was Luigina. Maria though answered with a scoff "Not yet but you never know. He might be planning something. Let's keep an eye on him for a couple of days. Plus its already clear he is here with malicious intentions. Did you not see how he caused trouble around Toad Town and the guard toads had to pay for it?"

Luigina sighed not knowing what to make of it. She looked at Maria and said with uncertainty "Maria we are not even sure if he is planning anything malicious. All we know is that the Guard Toads don't like him enough to chase him. This is no reason to instantly suspect that he has ill intent for the kingdom."

Pouting Maria gave in "True but I just want to make sure. You will help me right?" Maria looked at Luigina with puppy dog eyes causing Luigina to sigh in resignation "Fine." Maria cheered for a moment before returning to watch Abyss with a keen eye.

This though did not continue long because Luigina quickly set a schedule of an on and off duty so they could at least sleep for a while.

Abyss woke up the next day with the musky air filled with the scent of grass and rain. Taking a deep breath he looked at the map. There was now a blue area inside the red colored area that designated his fief.

Rolling up the map he began moving slowly towards the location. He was worried that the seaweed might act as a covering that would lead to a disastrous event if he were not careful. It took me 20 minutes of searching to find the pond. Looking at it he was grateful for his cautious nature. It was somewhat difficult to tell the difference between the limit of the solid ground and the pond.

Getting up he began to unpack the boxes before stopping to stare at the seaweed imaginary eyes. He glared as he said "I will definitely clean you out." After finishing a great battle ensued. He jumped into the pond only to scream in terror as he said "AAAAAH! Disgusting! It is wrapping around me!"

He soon disappeared into the pond causing both Maria and Luigina to worry about him and wonder if they should run over to help him. This lasted only half a minute as they prepared to rush towards Abyss aid.

Inside the pond Abyss was struggling to fight the mighty seaweed, god of the small pond. Throwing kicks and punches only led to the seaweed tightening around him. 10 seconds passed in this manner until Abyss just snapped. Opening his jaw he bit down hard tearing through the seaweed. This repeated until he finally freed himself. He soon popped out of the pond in hurry to take a deep gasp of air. Crawling onto solid land he let his body collapse.

This thing is more dangerous than the guard toads maybe they should place this thing as a guard instead of them toads. Looking back at the pond he sighed as he said "This is going to take forever." Finishing this words he ran 10 feet away from the pond and puked. A seaweed infested pond was really disgusting. Especially when one had to use their teeth to liberate themselves letting the water touch his taste buds.

Maria and Luigina were giggling at this sight. Luigina was the first to recover as she said "See? How can this person be dangerous? He nearly got himself killed by seaweed." Maria nodded with a smile as she said "True. I'm starting to doubt myself now but I still want to keep an eye on him a bit longer. I feel like he will do more silly stuff." Luiginan smiled as she said "Count me in."