Chapter 9

Kingston (pov)

Mate..

What a stupid thing to have, it'll only make you weaker. Cause now your enemies know how to attack you and bring you down. I didn't build my pack up to let it go down the drain because of a mate. I'm alpha's of all alpha's for crying outloud, I don't have time to be weak. My pack needs me. Well they need there fuckin Luna too, you dipshit! my wolf Kai said. She'll only make us weak, kai, i reply. Look i know what you went through is hard Kingston, but not everyone is like her, you gotta trust the moon goddess, she knows what she's doing. Kai said. Sure she does, i got everything i need here Kai, Luna are just gonna make you weak, like my poor excuse of a father. I spat disgusted, that I'm even having this conversation with my wolf right now. Kingston you gotta let go, and move on the moon goddess paired you with Amin-" I cut him off, Enough Kai, I'm not speaking to you about this, don't you dare bring up that rouges name again. With that said, I block him off.

"Hey", my beta/ bestfriend Noah said popping in my office. "What do you want" I reply. "Nothing just wanted to thank you for letting Cass join our pack, oh I check on Amina before leaving, she seems to be adjusting well in that cottage" he said, my grip on my pen was so tight I broke the damn thing. Cheap shit. "Did i ask about her Noah" I question. "No, but I thought you'd like to know. Since you let her stay there near the territory, why not just let her join", he asked. "She didn't want too, enough about the rogue. I'm tired of hearing about her", I said losing my cool. "Alright I'm out, try to get some rest man, you've been on pack duties non-stop", he said before leaving my office. I know he means well, but sometimes he doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

I was heading home, to my home, i have my own house, I built for myself, for peace and quiet. The packhouse can get quite hectic sometimes. I walked in, walked upstairs, took a shower, layed my head down on my bed, then quickly drifted off to sleep... I woke up feeling constricted, like I couldn't breathe, what the fuck is going on. Only one thing.. Amina, something must be wrong. I got up, shifted into my black wolf, and ran straight to the border. But was stopped by my border patrol. I growled furiously, mind link him thats it's me their alpha. He quickly apologize.

i was running towards Amina cottage, almost there, until i heard a loud scream.. i stop in my track, to see her in her bed, from her window, she was whispering something I couldn't quite make out, yea us werewolf have 10x better hearing then human, but there are times where you don't hear shit too. She was crying in bed, then she said "All this pain is slowly killing me" with so much hurt. I stayed there, like a creep waiting till she fell back asleep. Then headed back home. My home was empty, quite, lonely. I walk up stairs, layed in bed...

Am I the reason she is so hurt? After hearing her say that, it killed me, I mean my wolf Kai, he wanted to be with his mate, to comfort her, to reassure here that he's here, and he would never hurt her. This is why I say mates only make you weak, we're the strongest pack in ther world, and here he is weak over a girl. Shaking my head from the thought, I turned to see my alarm clock say, 4:30 Am, i decided closed my eyes and fall back to sleep. Cause I'll be up in an hour or two.