Chapter 38

Amina (pov)

I stood there in my wolf form shocked. Why would Jake risked his life for me? I thought he hated me. 'I need the pack doctor here and some warriors' I mind link the pack. I turn back to see Kingston biting down Derrick neck. He was winning, i spoke to soon.

Out of the woods came a dark brown wolf. He tackle Kingston. Kingston then stood still. The dark brown wolf then shifted to his human form. Kingston also shifted back to human form. I stayed in wolf form. No way am I gonna shift back with no clothes around. The man was an older man. He look to be around his late 40's. He look familiar but I can't quite figure out why.

"Well well well, it's good to see you again." The man spoke, causing Kingston to growl. "This wasn't the way I wanted to see you." He smirk. "I wanted to see you begging for your life." He continued. " I've waited a very long time for this day. But this bafoon had to ruin it over a worthless she wolf. He said pointing at me. Kingston growled. "Don't you dare speak about my mate that way!" He yelled out.

Why isn't Kingston attacking him? "Well I will be taking my leave for now, just know the next time I see you you'll be begging for mercy." He said grabbing Derrick and pulling him towards the woods. Just then i hear alot of paws. It was Kingston warriors and guards. "If it's a fuckin war you want. It's a war you'll get, I will NEVER beg for mercy, you worthless excuse of a father." Kingston roared out.

My eyes widened. What the heck. He was Kingston father? Why would Kingston father say that to his own son? Why would he want to hurt his former pack? I got lost with All these questions I had in my head. I was snapped back Joey our pack doctor. "Luna, are you hurt?" He ask concern in his voice. I shook my head no. I then walked over to Jake. Joey seem to understand. He started patching Jake up.

A few hours has pass. I was helping Joey out with adk the injured werewolves. "Thank you Luna," everyone said smiling at me. I turn got to the end of the room. "Jake?" I called out not sure if he was awake. "Luna" he respond. I awkwardly sat in the chair next to guys bed. "Are you okay?" I question. "Yes, I am. I'm sorry for treating you horribly. What you have done the past week, proved that you will risk your life to protect the pack. I'm sorry for-" I cut him off "no need to be sorry. I just wanted to know why you saved my life?" I ask. He looked up at me "because you save my family life," wait what? When did I do that?

Right before I could ask him that, the door swings open. A very worried Rebecca came in with Camden. She look over at where I was at, then power walk quickly towards us. "Oh my goddess! I thought I lost you," she said hugging Jake. My mouth form into an 'o' Rebecca was Jake mate. I mentally laugh at myself. I pick up Camden, "hey buddy, wanna see your daddy" I ask. He nodded yes. So I put him down next to Jake. Jake smiled and hugs his son.

"Thank you Luna!" Rebecca cried out. "No, I should be thanking Jake, he practically save my life." I say. While grabbing Camden back in my arms. He's such a cutie. "No, I'm in debt to you. You saved not only my pup and mate life, but my unborn pup as well," Jake said. "You save my life as well, let's call it even," I said with a smirk.

After helping out in the infirmary or pack hospital, I walk up to the packhouse. Walking upstairs to Kingston office I open ther door to be greeted by shouting and chaos. Nobody seem to notice I walk in, not even my mate, he look tense. "I will NOT have him walking around as if nothing happened!" Kingston yelled out. "Your being unfair, he didn't know what the hell was going on!" Cassie yelled back.

"Alpha he can be dangerous, and harm our pack!" Ethan blurted. "He won't, he's not one of then anymore!" Noah shouted out. "And how the fuck do we know that?" Ethan shot back. I've had enough of this. "ENOUGH" I yelled out. Everyone stood quiet. "What's this about?" I ask nobody in particular. "Alpha wants to lock Kieran up in the cell!" Cassie was the first to speak. "What?" I said looking at Kingston.

He shrugs. Then walks back to his desk. "I'M THE ALPHA AROUND HERE, I THINK EVERYONE FORGETTING THAT." He roared, causing everyone to flinch except for me. Everyone stood quietly. "Well I'm the Luna, does my word mean nothing?" I question. "Everyone out, my mate and I have a few words to exchange," he said coolly.

"Love, you are my equal. Please don't ever question me," he says getting up. "Well, i think Kieran doesn't deserve to be lock up in a cell. He didn't know that Derrick was lying to him. Derrick was his bestfriend. Shoot he was Cassie and I at one point as well. I never would've thought he'd become this evil person." I said lowly.

Kingston grabs me to ther couch, sat me on his lap. "Do you mind telling me what happened?" He asks in a soft voice, that made me melt into his chest. "Can we bring Cassie, Noah, Ethan and Jess back in, I think it's best if we ask know the story." He nodded. He mind link them. A few seconds everyone was back in his office, including Kieran. Which i didn't even ask him to do. Kirean looks like he's ready to kill. Making me a little nervous.

I stood up, "Cassie it's time they know the truth." I said. She nodded and got up by my side. Everyone looks s little confused. I took a deep breath. "When we were 18 our pack got a attack, Cassie and I was having a sleep over in the packhouse. Later that night or morning my father alpha Andrew Conaway of the crescent moon pack." I said choking up. Missing my father. Kingston was right by my side rubbing soothing circles on my back. I gave him smiled.

"Derrick attack my pack. He killed many of pack member that night. Derrick was supposed to come renewed our contract, that we do every 3 years. But instead he added another demand. He wanted me." Kingston then growled wrapping his arm around my waist. 'Mine' he said lowly but deadly.

He said that he wanted to mate with me cause our pups will be strong, cause I did not only have alpha blood in me, but I was also my father first and only child meaning, I will inherited not only my father alpha blood, but also his power when he retired. Making me a very powerful she wolf." I said looking at Kingston. Kingston looks beyond shock. Everyone else had the same expression except for Kieran and Cassie.

"So your that powerful?" Jess ask. I shrug. "I never really test it out." I say. "My mate is not only amazing, beautiful, smart, and with the proper training she'll be one bad ass Luna" Kingston said with a smile, causing ne to blush. "Well aren't you lucky. A powerful Luna and the alpha of all alpha's gets to be your mate. Oh moon goddess how unfair of you," Kieran sarcastically said. I roll my eyes "Kieran your still the same asshole you was a year and a half ago" I said smiling. He smirks opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Cassie.

"We're getting off topic," Cassie said. "I miss you ugly girl," he said grabbing Cassie and giving her a bear hug! Noah growled loudly. Kieran turn to look at Noah. "Who the fuck is this?" He then sniffed the air. "Why the hell do you smell like him?" He question. "He's my mate stop over exaggerating," she said rolling her eyes. "Can we continue!" Kingston said sounding annoyed.