Prologue

<???? P.O.V>

At a time where Angels, Fallen Angels, and Devils stood at the peak in terms of power, we have always seen the human race as an insignificant bunch that was worth nothing more than the grime on the bottom of our shoes.

Little did we know, however, was that the humans had an ace up their sleeves.

The Brand of the Roaring Sun, said to be the incarnation of strength and the harbinger of pride, whomever shall be blessed with the brand would be granted the immense power of Sunshine, a devastating force that has slain countless foes.

What makes this particular brand so interesting is that, neither God or Lucifer created it, but instead, a beautiful maiden who claimed to have come from the sun did. She created it specifically for those who hold a strong heart and were willing to fight for the human faction, as their so-called champion.

The first wielder, was named Escanor. A meek, fragile human at the age of night but a confident, prideful brute in the wake of dawn. He was the first to wield the brand and had aligned himself with other powerful beings, known formally as The Seven Deadly Sins.

Since then the brand has been passed down from generation to generation, it's power growing with each user, until it suddenly went missing.

Centuries passed, and now, it's found a worthy successor. A young Japanese boy attending Kuoh Academy, a territory owned by The Gremory Clan. 

Oh, this is simply too good to pass up on.

<Kuoh, Japan / 7:20 PM

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

He repeatedly phrased, over and over again like some mantra. 

Only in this occurrence, he was running for his life.

The boy scurried aimlessly through the dim-lit forest. The cold rain descending upon him, masking his rapid foot-steps and heavy breathing.  

He ceaselessly bounced off the tall trees, earning small cuts to his cheeks and arms-however the boy paid little attention to his minor wounds and continued running.

While he was attempting to outrun fate, the moon that had been the boy's only spring of light had been enveloped by the dense clouds, leaving him without a source of light or hope. 

It was almost saddening. Witnessing such a soul claw their way out of death's clutches, endeavored to move forward and hope to make it out alive. However no one can escape the fate that was chosen for them. It was inevitable.

From the darkest parts of the forest, shot forth a ray of light. It looked magical. With white embers coming off it and a sense of divinity radiating off the projectile. It sped through the hollow forest and met it's target. 

It's target being the spine of a frightened and bloodied boy.

Allowing his feet to take one more step before collapsing onto his knees, the boy struggled to breath as he stared helplessly at the spear sticking out of him.