King of Curses

<A/N: First and foremost, I'd like to apologise for not updating this story. I've got two stories to manage so you can imagine how hard it is to support both when school is being a hassle, but that's life. Thank you so much for the support and as atonement for me being gone for so long, this chapter will be atleast 9000 words. Hope you enjoy!>

"Crap crap crap!" Y/N cursed loudly, running to work with a troubled expression. 

Thanks to the pain in his head becoming more of a nuisance to deal with on his lonesome, he had it properly checked by a doctor, which took up more time than he initially thought.

Making it to work only five minutes late, Y/N let out an exhausted breath and solemnly wished himself all the best. Working in a place likes this was hell and if anyone were late for just a minute, they'd get their ass barked at for half an hour- so you can only imagine what it'll be like if he arrived five minutes pass his designated shift.

"I'm here!" Y/N stumbled into the shop, garnering the attention of his boss, "I'm really sorry for being late, boss! I had to get a check-up with a doctor. I swear it won't happen again!"

"Y/N! You're here!" The chef cheered lightly with a toothy grin. Y/N's fearful expression was quickly replaced with a look of bewilderment, "There's my golden boy! Tell me, how was your day?"

"It's been...complicated?" He uttered, not sure what to say. He noticed his boss' wide smile drop into a worried look, "Oh no! Your head! What happened?"

"It...was from school."

"Well, I can't have my employees arriving to work with an injury as severe as that, come come take a seat and I'll serve you a slice, free of charge!" Chef raced around the counter and with a platter of pizza in his hand, he served the confused teen, who simply stared at his boss with a puzzled look.

"Ah, a-are you okay boss?" Y/N timidly questioned, almost biting his tongue for daring to ask. His suspected reaction proved false however, as his boss only looked on at the boy with generosity, a look that Y/N has never seen in his eyes before.

"I'm as fine as a fiddle. Though, I should be asking you that. You sure you alright? Or do you need the day off?" Y/N couldn't believe what he was hearing. Being granted a day off work? That was one of the very last things he expected from his usual ruthless boss.

"Uh n-no, I'm fine to work my shift," Y/N responded hesitantly, just in case the chef might be tricking him. 

The senior shot Y/N a subtle grin, one that hid no signs of aggression or disgust, only sincerity and concern, "Alright, but if anything happens, you let me know okay?"

"O-okay..." Y/N got out, taking a small bite of his pizza. The boss gave a pat to his back and quickly went back to what he was doing. 

Y/N's head darted to his co-workers in search for answers, but they too had no idea what was going on with him. They didn't seem to question it as much since the restaurant had finally felt peaceful for once.

Allowing a smile to shape from the corner of his lips, Y/N appreciated his boss' new change of attitude and made quick use of it, allowing his mouth to take a bite, bathing in the savory taste of melted cheese, along with smokey beef laced in pepper, garlic, onion and tomatoes.

"Hey Y/N!" The boy's head shot to the counter, where two stacks of pizza were volleyed on top of one another, "Sorry to spoil the mood already but you've got a delivery."

After a few compliments the boss showered Y/N in, the latter was confident enough to say that something happened last night. The way he was acting, it's the complete opposite of how he usually treats his employees. The boy then thought of Rias, and how she could apart of all this.