~Chapter nineteen~

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's what you're made off, not the circumstances.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV

It has been days since Aquarius used the spell for Levy. She hasn't woken up and honestly, I'm pretty scared.

"Yo, Mira. Where is everyone?" I asked, not fully aware of the situation. I looked around and saw a few faces here and there.

She was cleaning a glass and raised her eyebrow. "They went sleeping, Lucy, sleeping. It's night time. Maybe you should do it too," Mira said, smiling sweetly at me, though it felt as if she was mocking me. I know she wouldn't though.

I shook my head. "Not until Levy finally wakes up."

She slammed her hand on the bar and looked at me. "Lucy, do you have trust in your spirits?"

I nodded my head. "Of course." That is a stupid question.

"Then trust Aquarius and everyone who says they she will wake up. Get some rest, Lucy. You need it."

I yawned afterwards, furrowing my brows. She's right. "Okay." I stood up and went to Levy's temporary room.

I wanted to open the door when I was stopped by a voice. I placed my ear on the door and listened. I should feel bad when eavesdropping but for some reason I didn't.

I think it was Gajeel's voice. Now that I think of it, I didn't remember seeing his face in the last few days.

"Wake up, Shrimp, what's taking you so long?" Gajeel voice burst through the silence room.

I held my heart.

"You let a spell beat you? What kind of Fairy Tail wizard are you?"

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again.

"A tiny one for sure," I heard him mumble.

I glanced down. I don't know what their relationship is, but they are close in their own weird way. "You are going to come inside or not, bunny girl?" Gajeel said, awakening me from my thoughts.

I opened the door and looked down guiltily. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, well.. I did but I didn- I have no excuse.

I saw Gajeel sitting on the chair near the bed and I sat next to him. "No reaction yet?" I asked, carefully.

He shook his head, looking almost.. defeated.

We sat there in silence before he abruptly left, seeming pissed, at me. I don't blame him though, without me this wouldn't happen.

I stood up and touched Levy's cheek, a frown on my face. My frown deepened when I felt something cold. A magic source or whatever. I put the blanket away and looked at her hand.

My eyes widened. A crystal was growing on her hand. Embracing her hand.

I felt it and in a second I felt numb. I was slowly falling, the last thing I remember is seeing Levy's eyes open.

~Nobody's POV

Levy slowly opened her eyes and saw Lucy falling. A wake-up call. She immediately went out of the bed and stood up. "Lucy? Lucy!" Levy screamed while trying to wake her up.

She saw the blue crystal on her hand. "No... no," Levy said terrified. Mira bursted through the doors and took in what she saw.

"Levy?" Mira asked, a smile growing on her face. But the smile quickly disappeared when she saw Levy's widened eyes.