~Chapter forty three~

Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you'll never get the same moment twice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV

I stared at Nik with sympathy. No human deserves it, yet it still happens.

She wiped away the tiny tears that slipped out and looked back at me. Any trace that she was vulnerable left her face. "I don't need it. What I need is help," she whispered.

I put a hand on her shoulder. "You've got us," I said.

"Get this choker off of me," she begged, looking at us. My eyebrows shot up, it looks like a normal choker to me.

Natsu tried pulling it off her, but it didn't budge. He even went as far as trying to burn it. "What's this?"

"It has a tracker on it, so they know where I am," she said and rubbed the red line that appeared. "I can't take it off and it's suffocating."

Hunter walked to her and carefully touched her neck. Her grabbed the choker and squeezed it till it broke.

Nik's eyes widened and she looked at her broken choker. "H-how?"

"They're not the only one that uses magic," Hunter answered, a smug grin on his face.

"But if they don't know where you are now, aren't you like free?" Natsu asked.

She shook her head. "They're holding my friend captive, so I don't really have a choice."

Great, just when I thought it couldn't be worse.

Natsu made a fist and grinned. "Well then, let's save your friend and burn their guild down."

"It's not as simple as you make it sound. I don't even know where they're holding her captive."

Slowly we sat on the ground in a park. The others we'd played with had already left.

"Let's make a plan," Hunter said, looking at Nik.

I snorted. "Sorry, but this pink haired asshole can't take a plan serious and will end up not following it."

Natsu whipped his head so fast at me I thought his neck may break. He gritted his teeth and shuffled dangerously closer.

"What did you say?"

I know that look. It was the same when he ordered me to kiss him. Those same devilish look. My heart began speeding up. "I said—"

Cut off by him kissing me harshly. He moved his lips fast against the mine and for a while I was frozen.

I closed my eyes and kissed him back, grinning at how mad I can make him if I call his hair pink.

if he's doing this every time, I don't mind saying it.

He forced his tongue into mouth and grunted.

I enjoyed it, a lot, but I'm not really up for public display of affection. A little kiss is fine, but I want this in private.

I planted my hands on his shoulder and pushed him away. My cheeks were bright red and I was embarrassed by knowing Nik and Hunter watched.

Hunter was sitting nonchalantly, having one knee up and resting his arm on it. Nik had her legs crossed.

Natsu looked a little breathless and taken aback. Then he grinned at me, clearly happy with what happened.

"Asshole," I muttered with a smile.