f o u r t e e n

i took diana's car and drove it to the address of allison's house. it wasn't that far, but it was reasonable to use a car. when we finally got there, i see a bunch of people outside, and in the possible backyard. the house, more like a villa was huge. it was like as if i was at the house of the young's house in crazy rich asians.

i got out of the car, and see a bunch of people i have learned about in school or heard about on social media. ambassadors and entrepreneurs.

"omg who is this allison girl anyways. do you even know who these people are?" i asked zion. but he seemed kind of pissed. "okay, what now?"

"you opened the door." he mutters. i was about to cackle.

"sorry. i have hands and i am able to open my own doors," i giggle. "such a softie. but you're a gentleman. i appreciate that."

"okay." he stops crossing his arms. "well, these people are not allison's part of the family. it's her fiancé. he's part of like an elite family."

as he said that, i'm starting to think that allison somehow got herself some sugar daddy.

"i know what you're thinking. sugar daddy. we all think that, but can't judge." he shrugs

when we checked in, there were people staring at us. well, zion in particular. some whispers, but we carried along.

"damn sis, look at you," diana walls towards us.

"look at you. i'm blinded. my vision is no longer 20/20." i cover my eyes, and giggle

she leads us to our seats, in which the rest of them where. and some unfamiliar voices.

"zizi!" i hear an unfamiliar, yet a voice i don't wanna hear ever.

"kacie!" zion's voice cracks as he cracks a dying smile, which made me snort a little

as he looked like he wanted to die at that moment as he walked next to the seat beside her, i try sit next to these other girls i've never seen before.

"oh that seat is taken," the girl eyes me out. i walk to the other seat, next to who i now know is kacie.

"oh sweetie, that seat is taken." she gives a fake smile. i walk to what i have resulted, which was the seat next to zion.

"that seat is also taken." kacie and the other girl say in sync.

"give the girl a break," both edwin and brandon roll their eyes, as they yell at them from across the table. at that point, no one was in the mood.

"no that's fine. i'm gonna go to the bar." i say, as i walked to the free cocktail bar in the backyard.

"can i have a virgin piña colada?" i asked the bar tender, as i sit on the chair

"never gave those drinks in a while." the bar tender points out, as he starts to make my drink. i sit there, looking like as if i've been ditched at the club.

"wow, i know i wasn't able to say, but you look stunning today," i hear from behind.

"never been better." i give a small smile.

"you look like you've been dumped." he giggled, which i also did as well. "also, i can't believe you actually made zion dress decent. he usually just wears a shirt or a hoodie to things like this."

"i noticed that too. literally all i saw him wear when i first met him." i drink some of the colada

"i don't think drinking is a good idea," he stared at me, as he settles on the seat next to me

"oh, it's a virgin. there's no need to worry. i'm not tryna become bonkers tonight." i say. "also, it's free. not for the people paying them, but it's free for me."

brandon asked for a simple soda, which i gave a weird face to him.

"excuse me? you're the one with a coconut drink." he gave me a look.

we planned to just walk around the garden, where it was designed beautifully, with the lights and white flowers hanging on their pavilion . and there was a porch swing, that we sat on after we got a bit tired from standing.

"so, how was your day so far?" he asked as he took a sip of his soda

"well, i've been forced into a pool, screamed several times at zion's loud music, and possibly cried in the shower for not getting the sleep i wanted." i look back at my day.

"it gets better, once you get to know zion. he isn't the asshole he represents himself." he sips his drink

"oh i am far away from that." i scoff. "just stop with the zion talk. how's your life?"

"you owe me," he smiled

"what do i owe you?" i asked, with a lot of confusion

"you owe me a day. on sunday. after we check out, lets go for dinner." he said.

"are you dead serious? what's the occasion?" i wondered

"you really are clueless?" he looked at me, as if i was dumb. "i owe you for everything."

"oh its nothing," i blush

"no really, i wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you. I may just have ended up in IET or something," he smiled

"oh no. i would never see you doing that." i gag a bit. no offense to IET. "you would have ended up as someone like my cousin. fine, sushi. bring me to the best sushi place in LA, and make it count."

"deal." we shake hands, and laugh.

luckily, i sat next to some elite families and sponsors of big brands who had an extra seat. as i explained where i came from, and what i was majoring in, i was quickly offered a part-time job training.

"it's gonna be nice doing business with you liliana," mary shakes my hand. at that point, i'm shaking. i was a few tables away from brandon, and from the distance, he gives me a thumbs up.

"i won't make you regret it." i say, before we continue to listen to the future newlyweds speak. after their words, everyone started to leave.

"here's my card. us women need more power," she handed me her card, right before i was about to leave.

___

author's note //

Ulta Beauty, here i come :)