t w e n t y o n e

"you're not my parents, but i suppose," i oblige to her directions.

"it's really hot out, don't you think?" diana asked nick which he agrees to.

"also, what seemed quite weird is how you, lily, are wearing a hoodie. in this really warm weather." nick smiles towards me, deviously

"it does seem warm in here," i reply. i know, i've been caught. "but its because you guys turned on the heater."

"oh shut up," diana rolls her eyes. moved the hood of my jacket to see what was on there, in which she does seem disappointed. "what exactly happened?"

"i was drunk last night, and it was crazy." i have a guilty feeling.

"you do know that he just broke up with his girlfriend right?" nick questioned, with a confused look in his face. "like, don't you think you're just like a backup?"

"shut up. and get out!" both diana and i say. he seemed frightened and walks into diana's room

"well, why?" diana asked, as she sat on the chair on my right

"it just happened. but we never did it." i answer. "i for all i know, zion would never take advantage of a girl if she was drunk."

"what does that imply?" she looks me dead in the eye.

"nothing. it was just a one-time thing that i never want to do again." i lie

"ok." she gives me a look. "just remember i'm always here to talk to."

"mhm." i nod, hoping this convo will end.

"i'm nothing like your mom lils," her faint voice says once i shut the door of my room.

what exactly am i supposed to do? i slump onto my bed and try to remember everything that happened the night before. what did we say or do that led to the situation i am now in? what ridiculous question did i ask? what did he do?

____

"well, mikey wasn't feeling good today, so he couldn't make it." jenny says, as she sips her coffee

"how's the baby?" i asked, since it looked like the elephant in the cafe

"okay, my feet always hurt, but its fine," she takes a bite of the biscuit. as we talked about her being pregnant, and what mikey and i did, other than the lesson from the lecture, i felt lucky i wasn't there on prom night. otherwise, i could have been in her position.

"do you want kids?" she asked me

"nah, not really. after seeing what my brother had to go through, i don't want to." i gag. "he moved back in with his fiance, and my nephew could never stop crying. Every single day, i wanted to move out. My room was next to the baby's room. but i used the baby for photos, and babysat. some thought it was mine, but i cringe to the idea."

"oh that was your nephew?" she questioned. "the one always with you and mikey when you guys were together?"

"mhm. you don't have to worry. michael was good with jax." i pat her back

"oh thank lord!' she exhales. "lily, you are a lifesaver. i didn't think he would be capable."

"yea," i giggle. once time has passed, i left the cafe and finished most of the work i needed to do.

as i walked to the car, my phone. obviously, its not diana, since she was working. nor was it family, since it was the middle of the day. when i see that zion's name pop up on my phone, i vastly put my phone away. i didn't wanna face him. but my phone repeatedly buzzes. weird looks are given to me as i walk towards the parking lot.