20.

To say Louis was ashamed of himself would be an understatement.

He was guilt ridden.

All he was trying to do was to keep Harry safe whereas he ended up hurting him. Again.

Louis couldn't bare the thought of facing Harry after he wasn't there for him. Again.

Harry was passed out in his room. After the airport incidence being looked after by the security team and he was placed in his room.

Louis knew he fucked up big time now because he wasn't there for the little boy who he knew was going through a lot already, because of him again and Louis wasn't there for him.

Louis sat down on the couch and rubbed his face with his palms trying to deal with the frustration he felt towards himself. 

He heard his hotel room bell ring. He really wasn't in the mood or state of mind to deal with anybody right now. He sighed and went to open the door.

Zayn was stood before him once he opened the door with what Louis was guessing, a scowl on his face.

"Louis I-"

"Zayn please. Not right now"  Louis said.

"Don't you dare play the victim here Louis Tomlinson" Zayn said heavily while entering the room and shutting the door loudly behind him.

"Zayn please" Louis said in a soft voice, as if pleading, still standing near the door.

"No Louis! You left the boy alone! He had an attack Louis! What were you thinking?! He was right there in front of you. You saw him shaking and out of breath and you didn't even so much as move towards him Louis! What do you expect me to say to you after that?! 'Good job! I'm proud of you!' Come on man! You brought him into this and you aren't even looking after him!" Zayn furiously said, not facing Louis.

Louis shuddered and snuffle.

"I'm sorry" Louis merely whispered pathetically.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to Louis" Zayn said bitterly.

"I don't know what's going on with you but you better get your act together soon before it's too late." Zayn said a little lower this time. Louis flinched at the words used by Zayn but he knew they were true.

"I- I'm trying okay! I'll go talk to him and apologize." Louis said before leaving the room before Zayn could.

•••••

Louis stood outside of Harry's room for a minute, making up courage to walk through it. He wiped his tearful face with his palms and let out a shaky breath before gently knocking on the door.

He heard some shuffling across the door and he was ready to be faced with a tear faced Harry in front of him and be hit by the guilt.

What surprised him was that across door stood Ed. Louis scrunched his face in confusion.

"What're you doing here Ed?" Louis questioned.

"He was alone mate so I had to look after him. Couldn't leave him alone." Ed said while making a way for Louis to come in.

"Oh" Louis replied and walked in. Louis looked around and found Harry tucked in the bed, his soft face tear stained.

"Poor baby" Louis mumbled before making his way towards where Harry was asleep. He sat down beside Harry on the bed. Ed took that as a cue to leave.

Louis gently held Harry's face in his hand. Before he could know it there were tears running down his face and he was weeping.

"I'm so sorry Harry. I'm so so sorry. I promised you that I would take care of you and I failed again. I'm so sorry." Louis kept mumbling apologies. He wiped his face and took in Harry's appearance.