21.

Harry curled up, trying to hide himself from everything around him. He held himself tighter hoping that if he just tried enough everything else around him will just disappear and he can start fresh again. Sadly enough, it didn't work like that.

Harry gripped onto his body tight, nails digging into his soft skin, making wounds. His entire body was shivering from guilt and the feeling of worthlessness.

He felt soft fingers touch his bare arms and he flinched away, scared of the person even though there was just one other person in the room that he admired the most in the world.

"Ha- Harry?" Louis whispered.

Harry somehow flinched but was soothed by the voice that called out to him. He gathered courage to look up and find Louis' face that portrayed a million emotions in one. His eyes were scared, shocked and somehow, angry? Harry couldn't process anything at the moment.

"Harry, love? I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Louis tried again, gently talking to the little boy who seemed petrified.

Harry just sat there, staring at Louis' face, trying to understand what he did wrong to make Louis feel this way, so sad.

Louis gently approached, crouching in front of him, he softly laid his palm on Harry's cheek, feeling the tear stained soft skin under his fingers. Harry flinched again but he stayed.

"Darling, we're gonna get you off of this carpet and get you on the bed. Then we're gonna get some food, of course waffles, and then we're gonna sit and have a small conversation okay?" Louis said with as much boldness he could gather in the moment.

Harry just nod his head. That's the most he could do in the moment. He gathered up enough strength to hold himself up and stand but within a few seconds, he crashed down on the carpet.

"Harry!" Louis exclaimed and bent down to get him.

"You okay love? I'm gonna pick you instead okay?" Louis told him. He gently placed his hands under Harry's legs and felt his soft skin held against his own. The shivers that ran down his spines were something he hadn't felt before.

He picked up the dainty boy in his arms and sat him down on the soft mattress. Louis grabbed the telephone in the hotel room and ordered some chocolate waffles and some chicken nuggets along with some juice. After ordering the food, Louis walked towards Harry. The little boy looked up at Louis and mustered up a smile. Louis didn't understand why but he felt a kind of warmth on the inside looking at the little boy smile, after ages.

Louis sat down in front of Harry on the bed, somehow smiling himself. He lifted his hand and ran his fingers through Harry's cheek before holding his face in his hand. He could feel Harry's face warm up under his palm, he liked that.

They sat there smiling at each other. Even after everything that they went through, this came naturally to them. Harry could feel the comfort radiating off of Louis. He had never felt safer.

They were looking at each, smiling when the doorbell rang.

"Somebody's waffles are here." Louis said smiling, suddenly feeling much lighter.

Louis opened the door with a smile on his face to find Eleanor standing in front of him with a sympathetic smile on her face. He couldn't understand why but he being around Eleanor isn't something he wished for right now.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Uh, yeah, hi." Louis stuttered, realizing he's supposed to talk to her.

"How's he?" Eleanor asked, already walking into the room. She turns to find Harry on the bed, occupied by his thoughts, smiling to himself.

"Look at my boy! Aww he's smiling! You're so strong baby!" Eleanor exclaimed, her voice rising a pitch with every word.

It was as if Harry was brought out of his peaceful trance and a glance at Eleanor and everything came back to him.

The crowd, Louis holding her, Louis hugging her, Louis kissing her.

He closed his eyes and turned his body away from Eleanor.

Louis felt the aura of the room change as soon as Eleanor stepped in and as he looked at the little boy turn away from Eleanor's presence, his senses kicked in.

He held Eleanor by her arm and pulled her out of the room.

"Ow what is wrong with you?" Eleanor yelped freeing her hand from Louis' grip.

"Uh, um I think it's better for you to not see Harry for a while." Louis said, trying to put it as politely as possible. He couldn't bring himself to even wait for her response and turned away to go back in the room.

"And me too." He added, before closing the door behind him.

..................................................

I'm sorry it took so long.
Years.
Life's tough, what can you do but return to your roots when it gets tougher.

It's overwhelming the love that this book has received from all of you guys.
I had this chapter kept in the draft for years and I felt lile this was a good time to update.

Also, 50k???? My goddd!!

So here you are.

P. S.: Feel free to drop by a message, Would love to hear from you guys!

All the love

- A.