Chapter 2. "New Phone Who Dis?"

(A/n): For clarification "216" is Felix.
[Felix's Point of View]

330-111-4***
Yo! Are you still up for the party tomorrow?
Read 8:20

216-222-*3**
Uh, new phone who dis?
Read 8:20

330-111-4***
Oh shit... sorry bro wrong number lmao.
Read 8:21

216-222-*3**
Um ok
Read 8:21

     I set my phone down with a small unamused chuckle. I've never had anyone get my number mixed up with someone else's before, to be fair I just got my phone recently.
"Mr. Williams is their something you'd like to share with the class?" Mr. Grumpy, A.K.A. Mr. Syke, my math teacher hisses.
     Jeez, this dude is out to get me, I swear, maybe because I came in late to class. "Oh, no sir, sorry sir." I say quickly.
     "Good." He huffs dominantly.
     Just as he turns away a small lined piece of paper lands on my desk. I look around the classroom and my sight sets on a dude with an over jelled comeback hair style. He chuckles staring straight at the teacher then glancing at me. I shrug and open it, "Why Mrs. Johnson titty on the floor?" I silently close the note reevaluating my life decisions that had led me to this moment in time.
     I feel my face become red as I try to contain my overwhelming amount of annoyingly consistent laughter. Mr. Syke stops teaching and stares at me, stomping over with his black overly professional shoes and stands next to me with his left hand held out. "Note, now." He says sternly.
    I panic and throw the paper across the room, he looks at me with bewilderment. "All you had to do was hand it to me." He says with his grumpy face.
    I chuckle out a breathy laugh, "Yeah, I guess."
    He rolls his eyes and goes over to where I threw the paper, picking it up, and reading it... aloud. "'Why Mrs. Johnson titty on the floor?'." He says glancing back up at me.
    I start to sweat bullets as everyone stares at me. "Mind yo' business, David. Why you worrying 'bout it?" The jelled hair kid bursts into laughter slamming his fist down on the table and bouncing in his seat uncontrollably.
     Others that truly know memes and/or vines also laugh before seeing the look on Mr. Grumpy and shutting up.
     "Detention, after school. I have a meeting at lunch." I sigh and nod my head without fighting my punishment.
The bell rings hurting my ears, I go to stand up before I hear a loud whistle from the front of the class. I look over my shoulder and see Mr. Syke holding a slip in his hand, "Detention slip."
"Oh." I say as I grab the slip from him awkwardly before leaving class as fast as possible.
    I just walk out the door as I feel a rough tap on my right shoulder. I turn to see "Jell Kid" or at least that's what I'm going to call him. "Yes?" I ask with a grudge filled sigh.
"Sorry for getting you in trouble man, I just wanted to make friends y'know? I'm new and stuff so I don't really know anyone and I'm kinda antisocial so the note was kinda a way to introduce myself." He says looking away bashfully and scratching the nape of his neck.
"It's no big deal, my name's Felix. I didn't catch your name though stranger."
"Oh! Yeah of course, my name's Julian, Julian Maze. Nice meeting you pal."
    "Interesting last name." He laughs doing a playful eye roll.
     "Yeah but it doesn't sound too bad." He says in which I nod in agreement.
     "Anyways I gotta get to second man, see you around?" He nods,
    "Sure thing bro." Leaving the conversation at that we go our separate ways.
    Fast forwarding to lunch, I stomp over to my table with loud thuds, plopping down right next to a confused Marcus and across an occupied Evelyn and her bedazzled Attack on Titan phone.
     "Are you alright, Felix?" Marcus asks me as he takes a bite of his disgustingly healthy sandwich.
    "I got detention for after school." Evelyn perks up upon hearing this.
     "Already? It usually takes you a few days at least, spill the beans." She says fascinated with my drama.
     "Some kid threw a note at me, Mr. Syke caught me reading it and after that he read the note aloud to the class." Evelyn raises her left eyebrow which she has a habit of doing.
     "That's it?" I nod.
     "What'd the note say exactly?" Marcus asks curiously.
     "'Why Mrs. Johnson titty on the floor?'."
A burst of euphoria rushes through Evelyn and Marcus as the both laugh their asses off. "Mind if I sit here?" I turn to see Julian.
"Yeah sure, Eve, scoot." She raises her left eyebrow but scoots over enough for Julian to sit down beside her.
"So, Who are you?" Marcus asks eating a strawberry.
"My name's Julian, I'm in Felix's first period." He winks at Marcus which makes Evelyn and I laugh.
Marcus blushes and looks away, he never knows how to deal with anyone flirty, poor thing.
"W-well I'm Marcus, Felix's long time friend."
"And I am Fair Maiden Evelyn of Meme Kingdom! I, myself, slay dragons and monsters while along the way picking up hot knights in shining armor so, how you doin'?" She says to Julian while giving him her million dollar smile.
"What an honor to make your acquaintance Fair Evelyn of Meme Kingdom. I am nothing but a servant to thee so how might this knight in shining armor assist your Highness?" He says playing along.
Evelyn gasps and hugs him, "I like you already!"
"Good to know, thanks."
They go back 'n' forth like so for the rest of lunch, the bell rings and off we are again, scattered like pieces to a chest game or like words scattered along a book, laced into perfection. False perfection.

_________________________________
(A/n): Hi, I'm so sorry this took is long to update I've just been off my writing game for a long time. I'm going to start being more active I swear on all my anime hubbies' lives. I know some of you guys probably don't care and just wanna read and I get that so sorry for this lame excuse but I hope you stick with me a while longer, thanks.
Words: 1082
Date: June 30, 2019