Chapter 12. "Let's Talk"

[Felix's POV]

     "Why do we need to talk, something else happen?" I asked him.

"Let's sit." He says and I do as told.

He takes a deep breath and stares me dead in the eyes. "Have you been hurting yourself?"

I feel my eyes widen and my eyebrows raise in surprise, "What makes you think that?"

He sighs and gets up from the couch and stepping into the kitchen coming back moments later. He plopped back down next to me and set down a tie and my pair of scissors. "I went into your room earlier, didn't mean to be nosy. Originally I was trying to find a tie since I had to look nice for my meeting today and I couldn't find any of mine. I looked around your room to see if you had any and I found this. Please explain why there's blood on the scissors and why there's a suicide note on your tie."

I look down at my feet. "Uh... actually there's no blood on the scissors! I-uh a friend and I had a project at school and I brought my scissors for them to use! It was an art project and we had some paint on the project that wasn't dry... the tie was just a prank I was gonna pull on everybody but I figured it was too much so I just y'know tossed it off to the side."

My father gets up from his seat and stands in front of my nervous form. "Do you think I'm an idiot?"

I shake my head aggressively, "No, never!"

"Then why are you fucking lying to me Felix?" He shouts.

I flinched at his shouting, "I'm not lying! I swear!"

He cups my face in his hands and makes me look him in the eyes, "Tell me that to my face then, swear on your mother's grave that you aren't hurting yourself because I can't stand to lose you Felix! You are my precious baby boy and I'm sorry I don't tell you often enough but I love you more than I could love anyone else in the whole world! You know why? Because you and your brother are my world! So tell me you aren't hurting yourself."

I stare him in his deep brown eyes as they start to water, "I-I can't."

My eyes overflow with tears and bottled up emotions, "I'm so sorry! I'm so selfish! I'm sorry!" I sob as he brings me closer to his chest wrapping his arms around me in a cocoon of comfort.

I hear my dad sniff and I feel tears stain my shoulder as we both hug each other tightly. "I'm sorry." I hiccup.

He pulls back looking me in my eyes, "When?"

I look down at the floor again, "The night of the assembly. It was after I ran off, I tried to jump off the bridge but someone stopped me..."

     "Why? You should've talked to me."

    I shook my head, "I was overwhelmed and a bit emotionally distressed too I guess. I felt trapped, like I was bleeding out in a cage while I had to watch people in fancy clothes and cars looking like gods and goddesses walk past and laugh. I know it wasn't really like that but I just felt so scared... I don't really know what exactly I was afraid of, maybe it was being judged, mistreated, or maybe I was just scared of the world. It makes you feel so small like no matter what you do everything you do is minuscule and nobody will even notice your hard work and the struggle it took to even get a grasp on how important you may actually be."

     My father looked dumbfounded before regaining his manly composure, "Y'know when I was younger I did a lot of bad shit. I'd smoke with my friends, drink  'til tomorrow seemed like a figment of my imagination, I even hooked up with a bunch of girls leaving them on read as soon as I had my way with 'em. One day my stupid shit caught up to me and I got arrested for drinking and driving while definitely speeding. My old man had to break me outta jail, I lost my license and any respect my father had for me. He sat me down when we got home and said to me, 'Now son, I've been awfully patient with you and your shenanigans. I can put up with you messing around with girls and friends, although I don't approve I still understand you want your freedoms. That in mind I can and refuse to put up with you risking yours and others lives because of your foolish ways! Maybe I should've told you no more often when you were a child but I always loved to see you smile. I thought that as long as you were happy so would I be but apparently somewhere along the line I should've stepped in sooner. Maybe it was when you started smoking, or hanging out with those people you call friends, but for the love of god please don't hurt yourself or anyone else.' After that I never drank or smoked up until your mom. I was a messed up kid back then."

     We sit in silence for a couple minutes thinking about what to do next. "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you. I guess that was something else I was afraid of too. I've been afraid of a lot ever since mom left."

     He nodded his head, "Me and you both, kid. Now please next time you ever feel like your trapped please for all that's holy come talk to me."

    I nodded sternly, "of course, no more secrets."

    He smiled, "No more secrets."

     I smile and awkwardly laugh, "While we're on the subject of secrets... I kinda have a crush on someone. It's a big maybe honestly, I think I might just be confused or maybe not and I just think maybe it won't be okay but I figured I'd at least mention 13,

    He chuckled, "That's for you to figure out but if you ever feel sad again don't be afraid to ask for a big ol' dad bear hug, capeesh?"

    "Capeesh." I laugh as he hugs me tight again.

__———______———-____———-_____-

(A/n): Hehe sorry for taking so long :V

Date: January 13, 2020
Words: 1066