Chapter 5. "Office"

[Felix's POV]

I sit in Mrs. Swash's third bored out of my mind until the intercom interrupts the class, "Is Felix Williams able to come down to the office?"

Mrs. Swash looks at me and back at her clock, "Yes! He'll be right down!" Then the intercom shuts off.

"Felix grab your stuff, class is pretty much over." I nod to her.

Y'know, earlier I said Mrs. Carter was my favorite, I take it back. Mrs. Swash is definitely better. I sweep up all my stuff and wave a goodbye to everyone as I leave.

     I make it down to the office and I see the principal and the guidance counselor, 'Uh oh.'

     "Hey, someone from the office needed me?"

     "Ah! Yes, lovely to meet you Felix. I'm Mrs. Juniper but you can call me June too! Thanks Martin I can handle things from here." She says to Mr. Snik, our principle, in which he nods walking off.

      Mrs. Juniper leads me into her office and points to a lavish seat in front of a very tidy desk. "Do you know why you were called into the office?" I shake my head.

     "Well, Mrs. Carter was very concerned about your mental health. She said you walked out of class saying nobody cared and something about social norms, is this correct?" She sits on the corner of her desk.

     "Yeah, I said that."

     "Is anything going on at home?"

     I shake my head, "No."

     "Do you have any anxiety or depression? Anything Mrs. Carter should be worried about?"

     "What normal human doesn't have some form of anxiety? Also I don't see why it has to be Mrs. Carter's concern. I'm not dead or hurt, sure I said a couple of things but that doesn't mean anything so why not waste your time on someone that actually needs it."

     She stares at me blankly for a second, "Do you harm yourself mentally or physically?"

     I tilt my head, "How would I harm myself mentally, look in a mirror? You know how many people do that on the daily? No, before you ask again, I haven't done either."

     "Okay, thank you. I'll let Mrs. Carter know it was just a misunderstanding." I roll my eyes and nod.

     "Can I have a pass for fourth?"

     "Of course, give me a second, please."

     She grabs a slip of paper and signs it, "What teacher?"

     "Mr. Farmer." She nods and finishes with the slip.

     "There, you may be on your way now, goodbye!" She waves and I wave back at her.

     I finally get to my social studies class. I run the note up to Mr. Farmer which he simply just throws away and continues teaching.

I look around the class in boredom. "I guess I'll sketch my life away." I mumble.

I casually grab my comics from yesterday and finish them up. Daniel is just the most wholesome thing I've ever created! I love him more than I love myself.

     I doodle some simple drawings of Daniel in different poses on a sheet that was passed out later in class. Just as I finished some worksheets the bell sounds and I hurry out of my seat, lunch time!

     I walk into the cafeteria casually looking around for my friends since our usual table was filled with random people. I feel my phone vibrate and I look down at it to see a couple texts.