Chapter 15. "Pre-date Jitters"

[Felix's POV]

     After lunch I pull Vincent aside, "So were you serious about the whole date thing?" I ask him.

    "Of course! Hundred percent plus I don't think we have much of a choice thanks to Marcus. I'll pick you up at 8, just shoot me your address cause I don't remember it from last time."

    He hugs me and walks off, "Yeah okay..."

    The rest of the school day was pretty uneventful but I just couldn't calm the butterflies in my stomach! They made it hard to focus but I loved the feeling so much! It was like my heart was running a 10k and wouldn't stop anytime soon.

     My daydreams consisted of Vincent and our mystery date for the rest of my classes and I have a feeling that I was grinning like an idiot because of them.

...

   School ended and I rush home at the speed light. I rush sharp turns and I bounce at the crosswalks. I think I made a record for how fast I'd gotten home cause next thing I know it I'm at the front door of my house.

    I get inside and I kick off my shoes and toss my backpack next to them. "Felix! Take your bag to your room and stop tossing your shoes wherever we have a shoe rack!" Karen shouts from upstairs.

     "Yeah, yeah!" I turn back and put the shoes on the rack and sling my bag back over my shoulder.

     I rush up the stairs bumping into Karen. "Jeez someone's busy today. What's up with you?"

     "Date!" Is all I respond with as I rush to my room slamming my door behind me and throwing my bag next to my wooden desk.

     I take a second to catch my breath and I head over to my dresser. I shift through the pants drawer and my shirt one, nothing I tell you, nothing! Nothing good at least, all just very plain and boring.

     "Shoot!" I pull my phone out and text Vincent my address.

     I sigh, 'I'm over thinking this aren't I?' "I Definitely am."

     I plop onto my bed, "Goddamnit Felix, stop catching feelings! This guy is just your temporary boyfriend! That's it! Well I mean if he wanted to be real ones I wouldn't mi-!" I slap my cheeks, ", no, no, no! Stop it right now Felix!"

     I sit up and sigh, "Well I still have to pick something to wear."

     I get up and check over my closet. Haha closets; so many things come outta them.

Anyways back to business, I shift through my closet and I saw a cute baggy jacket thing and I can't remember the last time I had even thought about wearing it but if I put on my black ripped jeans and a plain white shirt I'd be golden! So that's what I started with and let me be the first to say I am sexy as hell!

I look at the time on my phone, "5:30 PM" it reads. "Fuck, this is gonna take forever!"

...

    I look at my phone again, "6:57 PM" I huff as I hear the front door open. "I'm home!" Shouts my dad.

     I hop up from my bed and walk downstairs to see my dad taking his shoes off. "Hey Dad, just so you know a friend is swooping by at 8 to go out."

     "Go out? With who Marcus, Evelyn? That one Julian kid?" He asks taking his coat off now.

     "Uh no actually. I'mgoingoutwithVincentactually!" I quickly say as blush overcomes my face.

     He looks over at me, "What the hell kind of gibberish did you just speak?"

     I let out a breathy laugh, "Well you see-." I'm cut off by a female voice.

     "He's going on a date." Says Karen as she conveniently walks in the room.

     My father gasps loudly, "With who?"

Have I ever mentioned how my dad didn't know I was gay? 'Cause yeah, he doesn't.

"Uh so Dad we might need to sit down real quick." He gives me a weird look.

"Okay..."

We all sit down, "So you know how in kindergarten I kissed that one boy Zane behind the slides or um how whenever you asked me if I have a girlfriend yet I typically redirect the conversation? Yeah well to make a long story short I'm gay and I'm going on a date with that guy Vincent." Atta boy rip it off like a bandage!

I sit there starring at them waiting for a response, then my dad sighs, "Yeah, I figured you were. I'm not mad about that or anything but just to clarify isn't Vincent that bully of yours?"

My breath catches in my throat, "Well, yeah but I swear to god what happened before is behind us and he feels real bad about what happened before. He said that he treated me poorly because he didn't want to admit to himself that he was gay but now we're sorta in a relationship. A gay one. A gayationship." I laugh.

Karen looks from my dad to me and her eyes soften, "Well, if this boy that you're apparently are into screws up again, tell us. I know I'm not your favorite person in existence but that doesn't mean I won't at least try to support you."

I smile at her, "Thanks, that's cool of you to say, Karen."

I check my phone again, "7:30 PM", "I only got about 30 minutes 'til he gets here."

"Just be careful okay?" My dad says.

"Okay, love you guys. Oh and where's Zach?"

"Your brother is hanging out with a couple of his friends 'til later, he texted me about it earlier." Says Dad.

My mouth does that 'O' thing and I jog back upstairs.

"Jeez, that was exhilarating! Nothing like coming out to your caregivers before going on a gay date, a gaate." I laugh at my word mash up before going back to what I was doing before Dad got home.

...

Ding-Dong!

__________________________
(A/n): I am a piece of trash therefore I also update like a piece of trash😛

Words: 1026
Date: April 9, 2020