Injury

Being an Avenger was tough. Balancing sleep, missions, and just staying healthy, was difficult. You and Natasha were both trained together as assassins, then joined S.H.I.E.L.D, then the Avengers.

Everyone was having a relaxing day at the tower. That is, until we got a call that the chitauri somehow found their way back to Earth. We needed to act immediately. We all got ready and entered the site of the attack.

It was like New York all over again. Buildings destroyed, cars crushed, some people already dead. You had to stop this.

Rage bubbles inside of you as you began attacking. During the attack of New York, your closest friend was killed. "I should have saved him/her." You thought to yourself.

You started getting flashbacks of that day.

The battle was raging on. You and Natasha were fighting side by side. Everything was going well. You were winning. Then, you heard a wail of fear. One of the chitauri held (y/f/n) by the back of his/her shirt. Fear and anger took you over. You ran over to kill the chitauri. Before you could reach (y/f/n), the chitauri stuck a large blade through his/her back and cut through the stomach. You killed the chitauri and rushed to your friend. "Stay with me, Okay? I'll get you help!" You said, panicking. (Y/f/n) let a weak smile show. "Thank you for everything." They said and went limp in your arms. Tears fell down your cheeks. They were gone. Forever.

"Y/N! Watch out!" You heard someone say, snapping you out of your dreadful memories. Before you could react, a chitauri stabbed you in your side. You immediately felt the warmth of blood soaking your side. The world started spinning and you fell backwards.

You could faintly hear someone rushing to you. Your vision was blurry, but you could make out the face of Tony. Was he...crying? No, he can't be, he doesn't like me enough to cry. He used his comm to tell the team that you had been injured badly.

He took your hand gently. "Doctors are coming. I need you to stay awake for me." He said. You tried to answer, but nothing would come out.

Your vision starting fading and you began to black out. The last thing you heard was Tony calling your name.

//Time Skip\\

You woke up staring at a white ceiling. You blinked a few times to adjust to the light. You had a terrible headache. You sat up and winced at the pain in my side. You then realized a hand was holding your own. You looked over and saw Tony with his head in his other hand.

"Tony?" You asked him, your voice raspy. "(Y/N)! You're awake! Thank god your okay." He said standing up and hugging you. You winced at the contact, as it hurt your side. "Sorry." He said. "It's okay, how long was I out?" You asked. Hopefully not long. He looked down. "A week and a half. I thought I had lost you." He said. His voice cracked and his eyes watered. "You can't lose me that easy." You said, trying to lighten the mood. He let out a small laugh and wiped a tear away.

You took his hand in your own again. "It's my fault I got hurt. I was thinking about...(y/f/n). I should have saved them." You said as a tear rolled down your cheek. Tony wiped it away with his other thumb. You blushed.

He kissed the top of your hand. "You better get some rest." Tony said softly. You nodded. "Will you stay in here?" You asked. "Only if you want me to."

//Time Skip\\

After a few more weeks, you were walking again. Tony was with you every step of the way through your recovery. He had asked you to be his girlfriend a few days after you woke up. You happily said yes.

Today, you were wobbling around in the kitchen, looking for a snack. "Need some help, beautiful?" Tony asked as he walked in. "No." You snapped, trying to reach up to the cabinet, but wincing at the pain in your side.

You sighed. "Sorry. I'm just annoyed that I can't seem to do anything. I need help with getting out of bed in the morning!" You said angrily. Tony embraced you gently as you laid your head on his chest as tears rolled down your cheeks. He kissed the top of your head. "You'll be better soon, don't worry." He told you. "It feels like I've been like this forever. Why even bother to take care of me, it wastes your time." You said and cried more.

Tony pulled away from the hug and placed his fingers under your chin so you were looking at him. "Don't ever say your a waste of my time. Your my favorite way to spend my time. And I promise you, I will be by your side no matter what happens." He said. You cracked a small smile. Tony leaned in closer and connected his lips to your own. The kiss was slow and full of love.

You pulled away slowly and hugged him again. "I love you so much, Tony." He smiled and kissed your cheek. "I love you too, (Y/N)."

Another one shot done! Please vote and comment it means a lot! I should be able to post more frequently soon! Also, feel free to request something! Bye darlings! 💓