He's A Keeper

I was a bit odd, as people might say. I had a very close bond with my cat, Muffin. She was the most amazing cat I could ever ask for. My favorite time of the year was her birthday. I spoiled her rotten, she even got her own cake!

Most of the time, if someone is over Muffin will hide. I don't blame her, my family and friends are freaky. The only person she will come out for is my best friend.

Tonight, my boyfriend of 5 months, Tony Stark, is coming over to my place for a movie night. Tony has only been to my house one other time, since I was in the process of moving when we met. He had never met Muffin, though, because she was at the vet that one time he was over.

Tony will be arriving in about 15 minutes. I made sure everything was perfect with plenty of blankets and snacks, and of course making sure Muffin's food dish is full, even though she will probably hide. I finished setting everything up and sat down. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to a smiling Tony. I noticed he had something in his hand. "What's that?" I asked
"Your favorite hoodie of mine. I brought it for you to wear." He replied and handed it to me.

I immediately snatched it and put it on. I inhaled the Tony scent coming off of it. Then I realized he was still standing outside and motioned for him to come in.

He came in and sat on the couch. "So what are we watching?" Tony asked.
"I was thinking we could start with Jurassic Park," I answered.
"Perfect!"

I started the movie and after a few minutes I realized I forgot the popcorn in the kitchen, but I did not want to get up. "Heyyyy Tonyyyy?"
"Yeah?"
"I may or may not have forgotten the popcorn in the kitchen." I said and smiled guiltily. He rolled his eyes and said, "Pause the movie."

While Tony was doing that, I noticed Muffin peaking her head around the corner. She saw me and immediately jogged over and layed next to me on the couch where Tony had previously been sitting. I stifled a giggle.

Tony walked out with the bowl of popcorn and stopped in his tracks when he saw Muffin. "Who's this?" He asked.
"My cat Muffin. She was at the vet last time you came." I explained. He hummed in response and sat on the other side of me. I resumed the movie and cuddled up to Tony.

About 15 minutes later, Muffin got down and went to her food dish to eat. When she was done, she came back out and jumped up on the armrest Tony had his elbow propped up on. Muffin vigorously rubbed her head and cheek against his arm, begging for attention. "Would you stop?" He said but cracked a smile and started petting her.

I laughed and said, "That's odd, usually she hides from guests. I guess she accepts you."
Tony smiled. "Yeah, I guess I'm a keeper." He said and winked.

Muffin decided it would be more comfy on his lap and fell asleep there. Tony and I continued watching the movie.

Soon enough, the movie was over and we decided to watch a horror movie. I usually did not do well with horror movies, but I felt safer with Tony next to me.

Only about 10 minutes into the movie, and there was a jump scare. Tony didn't even react, but me on the other hand got the holy Jesus scared out of me and I hid my face in Tony's chest. He scoffed. "You're fine." He said.

I glared at him and insisted he held my hand. He rolled his eyes but did it anyway. I jumped at every jump scare but Tony still hadn't reacted to any. Until one of them took him by surprise. He jumped BIG TIME. But that wasn't the best part. Muffin was sound asleep in his lap, and when he jumped, she jumped with him. Her eyes were filled with terror. She jumped off his lap and ran a few paces before stopping and looking around warily.

Tony got up and sat on the floor next to Muffin and stroked her back. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He cooed. Muffin got back on his lap on the floor. I stayed on the couch until the next jump scare came a few minutes later. I let out a shriek and got down and clung to Tony. He kissed the top of my head. "It's okay, I'm here." He said.

The movie was finished, however my wariness was not. I still had a good grip on Tony and I did not plan on letting go soon. "Tony, can you stay here tonight?" I asked and looked up at him.
"Of course." He said and pecked my lips.

We decided we did not want to travel all the way to my room so we just got some blankets and cuddled up on the floor. Tony kissed my forehead. "Goodnight Angel."
"Night Tones."

The next morning I woke up with an arm wrapped around me. I looked over and saw Tony had one arm around me and the other around Muffin. I smiled at their cuteness and got my phone out. I took a picture and posted it on Instagram with the caption, "Good to see my 2 babies are getting along!"

When Tony woke up and saw that I posted that, he would probably tell me to delete it, but I didn't care. If Muffin accepted him, I guess he really is a keeper.