Rejection

Okay. I thought to myself. I've gotta tell him how I feel.

I have had quite the crush on Steve for a little while now. Today was the day I would express my feelings. How should I do this? I decided to go to my best friend, Tony, for help.

"Tonyyyy?" I called out into the lab.

"Yeahhhh?" He mimicked my tone. It looked like he was working on one of his repulsers.

"I need some advice. I-I have feelings for Steve. I'm gonna tell him today, but I don't know how." I explained.

For a moment Tony looked sad almost? No, why would he be sad?

"Well, just go up to him and say 'Steve, I have feelings for you,' and call it good. It's best if you're standing, that way you can easily run in the case of rejection." Tony said.

I giggled. "Thanks, Tony. I'll tell you how it goes." I said and walked out of the lab. He gave a little smile.

I had looked in all the places Steve usually is, but he wasn't there. I decided he must be in his room, which is strange because usually he was hanging out with the team, not by himself.

I softly knocked on his closed bedroom door. "Steve?"

I heard footsteps and the door opened revealing Steve.

"Hey (Y/N), what do you need." He asked and moved over to invite me in.

"I actually have something to tell you." I said and sat on his bed, breaking Tony's rule of standing.

Steve looked at me to urge me on.

"I have feelings for you, Steve. I have for a few months now." I said with confidence.

Steve let out a small sigh and sat down next to me.
"As flattering as that is, I can't say I feel the same, I'm sorry. I never really got over Peggy, so it's a bit hard to get feelings for anyone else. I hope this doesn't ruin anything between us, I really care about you and our friendship."

When the words left his mouth I felt sadness flow throughout my body. However I managed to smile.

"It's okay, Steve. I understand. I'll see you at dinner." I said and got up to leave.

"See you, (Y/N)."

After I left, I felt tears pricking my eyes. I knew it was stupid to cry over this. I decided to go see Tony. I knew he would understand and comfort me.

I assumed he would still be in the lab, so I headed there.

I was right, he was working on some other project. He must've heard my footsteps because he turned towards me.

"Hey, how did it- oh honey, are you okay?" He said and put his tools down.

I just walked to Tony and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back in a comforting way.

"He doesn't feel the same." I managed to choke out.

"I'm sorry, he doesn't deserve you." Tony said and placed a kiss on my head. "Do you want to go watch a movie in my room?" He asked. I nodded.

After the rejection, Tony had been very comforting and we would watch movies all the time now. After just a month, I had accepted that Steve didn't like me in that way and moved on. But, I didn't want all this to end with Tony, so I didn't say anything. Slowly, I could feel myself falling for Tony. Hard. It was getting difficult to not just kiss him. I had a case of the butterflies every time I saw him. Damn, this is worse than my crush on Steve was!

Not wanting to ruin what we had, I didn't say anything. But I guess I didn't need to, because apparently the whole team knew, except for Tony.

"Just tell him how you feel! What's the worst that can happen?" Steve said.

"Rejection, Steve." I said and glared at him.

With that he looked down at the floor.

"You will feel better if you tell him, Lady (Y/N)."
Thor said and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I still refused. So, the avengers took the matter into their own hands.

"Tony, tell her about your feelings for her!" Bruce told him.

"Bruce, you don't have much experience in this arena to be talking." Tony said and patted him on the back.

"She likes you back, you know. The whole team knows except for you."

"No, she likes Steve. But he rejected her, that son of a bitch."

"She's been over him for awhile now. Just tell her, trust me."

Tony rolled his eyes and left the lab.

"Tell her, Tony." Steve said, which made him slightly jump.

"You too now? You know, you broke her heart, Rogers." Tony said, pointing a finger at his chest.

"I know, Tony. Don't do the same thing. Tell her."

"What if I don't want to."

"Tony, just-"

"GOD DAMN IT, FINE! I'LL DO IT!" Tony yelled.

Tony walked away, leaving a smug Steve behind.

Meanwhile, I was in the kitchen making myself some lunch. I heard someone approaching and turned to see Tony. I smiled.
"Hi Tony, what are-"

"(Y/N), I have feelings for you." He said bluntly.

"You- wait, what?" I must've heard him wrong.

"I've fallen for you. It hurt when you said you had feelings for Steve, and when he rejected you and I held you in my arms when you cried, I felt content. It felt like that's where you belonged. In my arms. I understand if you don't-"

I cut him off by pecking his lips quickly.  I smiled mischievously at him.

"I think I'd like another one of those." Tony said as he pulled me into him.

I could feel his smile against my lips as they moved in sync. Tony managed to slip his tongue in and felt around my mouth. Slowly, we pulled away, our lips still centimeters apart.

"I guess my strategy works pretty well." Tony commented.

"Shut up."

I am so bad at writing kiss scenes, but whatever. I hope everyone is doing well, thank you for 15k reads!