Speak Out

Warnings: cursing

Holy crap!  I thought to myself. In my hand was a pregnancy test that read positive. I put a hand over my mouth and blinked a few times. It still said positive. I wasn't dreaming.

Tony and I hadn't really discussed having kids that much, but he had mentioned in the future he wanted to be a father. How far into the future though? Was it too soon?

I shook my head to clear the negative thoughts. I needed to stop panicking and go to the doctor to make sure it was true.

I called in an appointment for the next day. Tony was in his lab most of the day so he didn't suspect anything when I left.

(At the doctor's office)

I was shaking. The doctor would be back any second now with the results. I heard a couple soft knocks and the doctor walked in.

"Well, (Y/N), looks like you're going to be a mother!"
"You're 100% sure?" I asked.
The doctor nodded. My eyes started tearing up and I couldn't keep the smile from forming on my lips. I had always wanted to be a mother, and now I would be one.

Time Skip

It's been about a week since I went to the doctor and got the news. I still needed to tell Tony. I spent many nights trying to figure out how to tell him and I had finally come to a conclusion. I would tell him in a very interesting way: playing "Speak Out."

I walked over to his lab and invited myself in. Tony looked at me and smiled. "Hey, sweet cheeks, whatcha doing?" He asked.
I walked over to him and hugged him from behind.
"Waiting for you to get done so we can have our game night." I responded.
Tony turned around to face me.
"Why don't you get it all ready and I'll be there in 5 minutes." He said and kissed my forehead. I nodded and prepared everything. My plan was to play a few games first, then use "Speak Out" for the grand finale.

About 5 minutes later

"Alright, sweets! I'm ready!" Tony said and walked into the room.
We started with "Sorry!" We played 2 rounds since Tony thought I "cheated" the first time. I won both rounds. The second game was "The Game of Life." This time he won and wouldn't shut up about it.
Okay, it's time.

"How about we play Speak Out next?" I offered.
"Sure, that's always a good one."
I was growing more and more nervous.
"Okay, you can start, Tony."
He nodded and put the weird mouth piece in his mouth and chose a card. He started laughing for about a minute before he could calm himself down enough to start.

"Uh orshe ucked er om."
I started laughing.
"The horse fucked your mom?"
He started laughing again and shook his head.
"Uh"
"The?"
Tony nodded.
"Orshe"
"Horse?"
He gave a thumbs up.
"Ucked"
"Fucked?"
He shook his head.
"UCked"
"Uhh, trucked? Bucked?.."
He started pointing and nodding.
"Okay, the horse bucked.."
"Er"
"Your"
"Om"
"Mom! The horse bucked your mom!"
He nodded. He took the mouth piece out and moved his mouth around. It definitely was not very comfortable to have that plastic in your mouth.

"Okay, I have one that I think will be a good one. It's not on the cards." I explained.
"I'll be the judge of that." Tony joked.
"Alright, here we go. I'm gonna say it word by word." I said and put the mouth piece in. The nerves were high now. Here goes nothing.
"Ee"
"Me?"
I shook my head.
"Ee"
"We?"
I nodded.
"Arr"
"Are?"
I nodded again.
"Unna"
"What the...OH gonna?"
I nodded.
"Hah"
"Half? No wait! Have!"
Another nod.
"A"
"A"
"Lel"
"What the fuck is a lel?"
"LEL" I tried to say it better.
"Ummm little?"
I nodded again.
"Sark"
"Stark?"
I nodded.
"We are gonna have a little Stark! God I'm so good at-Wait a minute. We're gonna have a little Stark?" Tony whispered. I took the mouth piece out and nodded with teary eyes. "I'm pregnant." I said.
Tony's jaw was dropped. "W-we're gonna have a little Stark?" He repeated. I nodded. By this point I was crying.

Tony stood up and hugged me the tightest he's ever hugged me. "I'm gonna be a dad." He whispered. Tony was also crying now.

He pulled away from the hug and pressed his lips against mine. It was filled with so much love and happiness.
Since we are human, we had to breathe and pulled away. "God, I love you so much. I'm gonna be the best dad I can."
"I know you will." I said and smiled.

Then Tony kneeled down to the height of my stomach. "I'm gonna take really good care of you and mommy. And I'll always protect you, I promise. I can't wait to meet you, little one." He said and kissed my stomach. This caused fresh tears to fall down my face. I don't know how I was ever scared in the first place. Tony was obviously gonna be an amazing dad.

Tony clapped his hands together. "So! For names..."

Sorry it's been a little while since I've written. Do you guys want a part 2 where Tony takes care of the pregnant reader and the baby is born? Comments and votes are appreciated! Until the next part! ❤️