Spider-Son

My first request! I wrote this a lot faster than I thought I would!
Requested by @SheilaBarnesStark
I hope you like it! ❤️

Today was a lazy Saturday afternoon. I have been watching Netflix for the past couple of hours while my husband, Tony, worked in the lab.

I heard footsteps and Tony's voice as he approached.
"Hey, babe?"
"Hi, Tony. What is it?" I asked. He sat down on the couch next to me.
"There's something I want to talk to you about. Something important."
Confusion was evident on my face.
"Okay..."

"So you know last month May got in a car accident. She's not who she used to be now and doesn't feel she can care for Peter properly, so she's asked if we would be able to adopt him." He explained.
"Wow. That's...huge for us. What did you tell her?"
"I told her I would talk to you first. So? What do you think?" He asked hopefully.
"I think it would be amazing to have Peter around. I know you love him like a son."
"Awesome! You're the best, you know that?" Tony said and hugged me tightly and planted a kiss on my cheek.

After signing the necessary forms and preparing a room for Peter, we got the clear to take him home. I had only met him a couple times from missions Tony went on, but never properly spoke to him. I was eager to make him feel at home.

Tony left about 20 minutes ago to go pick up Peter and his things. I was a little nervous, but very excited.

I heard the door open and Tony walked in with Peter behind him with a couple suitcases. He looked like a scared puppy.

"Pete, you've met my wife before" Tony said and motioned to me.
"Yeah, um...h-hi Mrs. Stark."
"Peter, you can call me (Y/N). I'll show you to your room and give you a tour!" I smiled brightly at the young hero and led him to his room.

After, I gave him a tour of the large house.
"You can put your spidey suit and all that kind of stuff in here if you want." I told him when we entered the room Tony kept all his suits in.
Peter shyly nodded.
"Okay, I think that's everything! You can go hang out in your room if you want and we'll call you out for dinner and a movie night!" I told him.
He nodded again and made his way to his room.

I sat on the couch next to Tony.
"Peter is really quiet around me. Do you think he doesn't like me?" I asked worriedly.
"Of course not! He just needs time to warm up to you. You two will be close in no time!" Tony reassured me.
"You're right. I better get started on dinner. We have an extra mouth to feed now."

I prepared all the food and began plating it all. I told Tony to let Peter know it was time for dinner.
We all ate without much conversation. Tony got Peter to talk a few times, but other than that he was silent.
Tony cleaned up our plates and we all went to the living room to watch a movie.
"T-Thank you for dinner, Mrs-I mean (Y/N)" Peter smiled shyly.
"Of course. I'm glad you liked it. You can pick the movie." I told him.
Peter settled down on the couch and looked through Netflix for a movie while Tony and I sat on the other couch.

He ended up choosing some kind of old sci-fi film. Peter looked adorable watching it, his eyes lighting up when something exciting happened.

"We should do a movie night more often." I whispered to Tony and motioned to Peter with my head.
Tony looked at him smiled. "Yeah, we should."

Tony and I decided that every Friday night, we would have a movie night and let Peter choose the movie. Afterwards, we would usually talk about the movie and we would each rate it out of 10.

The first few weeks, Peter kept his answers pretty short. But, slowly he would start going into more detail. I could tell he loved talking about movies and this was the perfect way for him to get more comfortable living here.

Peter and I finally started getting closer. I would usually pick him up after school while Tony did work. Peter started telling me about his day and would talk to me about some of his problems. I would always listen and try to help him as best as I could. One day, he actually called me to talk to him about something in his room. Well, he told Tony to tell me he needed me for something.

"The kid said he wants to talk to you about something. He's in his room."

I raised an eyebrow and knocked on his bedroom door. Peter opened the door and led me to sit on his bed.
"I-I need help with something. And it's okay if you don't want to help me!" He said quickly.
I grabbed his hands to reassure him.
"What is it?"
"Okay. Well, there's this girl I like at school. No, I REALLY like her. What should I do?" He asked.
I smiled.
"Just tell her how you feel. Talk to her after school. And don't be nervous about it. What's the worse that can happen?"
"She could reject me."
I let out a small laugh.
"You should've seen Tony when he told me he had feelings for me. His hands were shaky and he just blurted everything out. Even if you can't keep your composure, she won't care." I explained to him.
He nodded.
"Okay. I'm gonna do it tomorrow." He said confidently.

I stood up from his bed and began walking out of his room.
"You got this, Peter."

The next day, I parked my car outside Peter's school and waited for him. I spotted him standing in front of some lockers talking to a girl. Based on the way he fiddled with his fingers, this was the girl he liked. I saw him look up hopefully into the girl's eyes. She said something and Peter smiled huge. They walked out together and said their goodbyes as they parted ways.

Peter got in the car.
"So?" I asked.
"She feels the same! Can I take her to the movies Friday?" He asked.
"Peter, that's our movie night."
"Oh yeah, that's ri-"
"I'm kidding. You better be looking good on Friday."

Friday Night

Peter and his date decided they would meet up in between their houses and walk to the movie theater together.

Peter came out of his room wearing a plain shirt and nice pants. His hair was styled very precisely and I figured Tony helped him with that.
"I guess it's time for you to go get your girl, kid." Tony said.
Peter nodded and then looked at me.
"Thanks for helping me, (Y/N)." Then he hesitantly hugged me. I hugged him back tightly and gave him a rub on the back.
"Get going Pete, don't keep her waiting." I told him.
He smiled and nodded as he left.

Tony and I settled down for our own movie night. I cuddled into his chest and he wrapped his arm around me.
"The kid really likes you. I told you he would warm up to you."
I smiled.
"Yeah, he's amazing. I'm glad we took him in."
"When we have kids of our own, you'll be such a great mother."
"I love you, Tony."
"I love you too." He said as we shared a kiss.